The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mind officially blown by Amphion! Studio Monitors
Old 22nd July 2017
Gear Head

Mind officially blown by Amphion!

My room with the Amphions and Dynaudio sub (barely working). Mind officially blown! NO SMOOTHING!! 20-400 Hz

Amphion Two18 monitors are literally holographic, like 3D, and the phantom center is wicked cool.

Last edited by anaudiopro; 25th July 2017 at 05:27 PM..
Old 22nd July 2017
Lives for gear

Would you suggest that sub to other Amphion users? I love my one15 but have been thinking about adding a sub, which model?
Old 22nd July 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Would you suggest that sub to other Amphion users? I love my one15 but have been thinking about adding a sub, which model?
I would totally recommend this sub! Dynaudio BM14S II.
Old 22nd July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioSanctum View Post
I would totally recommend this sub! Dynaudio BM14S II.
Awesome, thanks man.

How do you bypass it? I dont seem to see a footswitch jack anywhere?
Old 22nd July 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Awesome, thanks man.

How do you bypass it? I dont seem to see a footswitch jack anywhere?
Coleman Audio LS3 line level selector. Do NOT run your Amphions through the sub. That will only degrade the Amphions pristine signal path. I have the sub set all the way down to 50 Hz and just barely turned up so that it compensates ever so slightly where the Amphions start to lose energy at around 50 Hz. It's a perfect match.
Old 22nd July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioSanctum View Post
Coleman Audio LS3 line level selector. Do NOT run your Amphions through the sub. That will only degrade the Amphions pristine signal path. I have the sub set all the way down to 50 Hz and just barely turned up so that it compensates ever so slightly where the Amphions start to lose energy at around 50 Hz. It's a perfect match.
Great explanation! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22nd July 2017
Gear Head

I have to say that it really does make mixing enjoyable. Listening to great mixes on this setup is totally immersive. The slightest mix adjustments are totally audible. You suddenly completely trust your mix decisions. You can mix more efficiently and be confident your mix will translate. I have to keep myself working, or I could just sit and listen to music for hours.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search