The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IZ Radar Studio Project / IZ 1U or 2U AD/DA Converter DAW Software
Old 22nd July 2017
Gear Maniac

IZ Radar Studio Project / IZ 1U or 2U AD/DA Converter

Hello all Gearslutz people.

Please can you give comments regarding if you would like to see a new IZ Radar Studio Project and a IZ 1U or 2U ad/da converter

Basically an IZ radar studio project which has been completely stripped down just eight channels no touchscreen no AES noWord clock no external pull out hard drives and should cost £3500 $5000

What do you think?

Should IZ Corp look into this as I personally find the cost of the current IZ radar studio only eight channel way way too expensive in all £9000 $12000

I do not think it is necessary to have all the word clock AES external hard drive stuff, a new radar studio project basic unit eight channels 96khz should be available for half the the price of the current radar studio

Gearslutz people what's your thoughts on this?

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017
Lives for gear

They are currently working on a DAW called Session to work on PC and others.

It will come in 3 flavours ? The Pro version featuring touch and perhaps integrate with IZ s other peripherals.

Most punters these day already have some form of PC/Mac and the DAW market is flooded with choices.

I will look into Session as a multi track if it meets the high standards that IZ normally uphold.

Cheers
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Addict

Way too late for this reply. I own an iZ radar studio so I've already decided I liked what's on iZ produces already.

Lately, though, I started thinking about various changes to the way I do things. I ended up dreaming about getting radar converters to play nicely with a digital mixer like and Allen and Heath SQ5 or the older Qu boxes, or say a Midas M32. My dream is that these are getting closer and closer to studio quality, particularly as the SQ5 runs at 24/96. But I'm so often disappointed by the AD/DA. If I could get into them with good AD, then I suspect the internal routing and mixing sound is not substantially different in quality to a Pro Tools as 24/96

One can run Madi into (a few of) them and use an ADA ii, but now I'm using $10k of AD/DA for a $3k board. A Radar quality sound that was positioned where the Aurora lynx 16 is would be the bomb for me. I'd add a few to my world.

I think this path would suck for Barry, though. It's a bit of a thicket. The Allen and Heath has 96khz USB ASIO compatability, but the Madi card is 48khz. If one wants an A&H gsr24, that only has firewire. So interfaces would be an issue.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search