The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Aphex Dominator II noisy output - repair?
Old 16th July 2017
Here for the gear

Aphex Dominator II noisy output - repair?

Just got an Aphex 720 Dominator II and apparently something is wrong with it. From what I heard Aphex gear is supposed to sound rather clean and transparent but this one is noisy. I hear a crackling noise when I turn it on, but it is not audible when the unit is bypassed, so it can't be the XLR connectors or the cables. Checked for blown or leaky caps, none found. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 18th July 2017
Lives for gear

Member here Jim Williams of Audio Upgrades fixes and mods Aphex gear, PM him or google for contact email / phone. Next time posting, Aphex is usually not considered "High End" due to it's price so any other Aphex questions would best be posted in the general "So much Time" subforum or specific repair questions posted in the "Geekslutz" subforum.
Old 19th July 2017
Gear Nut

Jim is the best.

Also Revive Audio, they really know their stuff when it comes to Aphex gear.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

got the same problem with my dominator 720, extremely noisy with hiss and hum like a ground loop problem and that independently from input gain and in bypass mode completely quiet.any suggestions!?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search