The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Purple MFTwenty5 + JamRacks VDesk Summing Mixers
Old 16th July 2017
Purple MFTwenty5 + JamRacks VDesk

For weeks I have been anxiously eyeballing the boxes full of an unassembled JamRacks desk and Purple gear in my hallway, waiting for a window of downtime so that I can pull the studio apart and install the stuff. Well I finally found a window and so far I love the new rig!

I mostly record film and TV music in my studio, as well as producing my own records and occasionally mixing records for other artists. Since I spend long days in this room, I've been wanting a desk that improves my ergonomics by placing more of my outboard gear within reach without leaving the monitoring sweet spot. And I have been doing passive summing for a few years, using 500 series mic pres as makeup gain, but recently have been jonesing for something like a 500 series modular console. The Purple MFTwenty5 mixer system and JamRacks V-desk accomplishes all of this with flying colors!

I went for the 10 stereo channel version of the fader pack because I do a lot of stem processing. The two 10 slot 500 racks allow for stacked stereo pairs of 500 processors )mostly EQs in my case.)

I look forward to doing some work on the new setup and digging into the console workflow, but for now I can already say I am loving how the new config has opened up my room and improved the monitoring.

Huge thanks to Jeff Baker at JamRacks for walking me through the options, and helping me make a decision based on my room. Also big shoutouts to le purp and Doc Mixwell for consulting me on the MFTwenty5.

Thanks!
Chuck

________ ___ __ _ _

www.chuckjohnson.net
Balsams LP now available
Attached Thumbnails
Purple MFTwenty5 + JamRacks VDesk-img_20170715_092942.jpg  
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search