The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hardware alternative to sonarworks Monitor Controllers
Old 14th July 2017
Gear Head

Hardware alternative to sonarworks

My studio is mostly all analog and I mix on an API. I got the sonarworks to calibrate my monitors and I love it. But it's a bit tricky to always use with my routing. Is there a hardware alternative to sonarworks that calibrates monitors in the same way?
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

The only one I'm aware of is the Trinnov, which are pricey.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Find a used KRK ergo - cheap. And do a pretty good job
Old 16th July 2017
APEQ Hardware
Coneq APEQ 2 Pro | 2 Channel Room Correction EQ | Pro Audio LA

I have used sonarworks and arc and ive found coneq to be the best for my ears
Old 19th July 2017
Get a miniDSP OpenDRC box that meets your IO needs. I'd go for fully digital, if that's an option for you. Send us your curve and we'll translate it to miniDSP format.
Old 20th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
Get a miniDSP OpenDRC box that meets your IO needs. I'd go for fully digital, if that's an option for you. Send us your curve and we'll translate it to miniDSP format.
Whats the latency like on these boxes? I find sonarworks works great when mixing but trying to produce a track with it on messes up the delay compensation in protools and taxes the cpu too much.
Old 21st July 2017
I think that hardware delay is >2ms, which should be tolerable. The rest is filter dependant, as in - number of taps divided by sample rate. Hence it will basically be the same as Sonarworks plug-in.
Old 30th July 2017
Gear Head

Which one should I get? It will be between my outputs of the 1608 and the inputs of my barefoot speakers so I don't think digital would work. https://www.minidsp.com/products/min...ox/minidsp-2x4 will this one work? Or should I get the balanced version? Also, it has 4 outputs but how do I switch between speakers? It seems like I'd just have to purchase 2 of them if I wish to use the monitor section of my console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search