The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL FX-G384 (Grey Face) Problem Analog Processors (HW)
Old 13th July 2017
Lives for gear

SSL FX-G384 (Grey Face) Problem

Hey guys, I'm really hoping somebody can help me with this. I have an old SSL grey face G384 compressor that I really love, but there is a pretty big level difference between the two channels. If I run a mono source right up the center it will be about 3 dbs louder output on the left side. I want to get this thing dialed in again. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this?
Old 23rd August 2017
Lives for gear

bump.... Anyone at all?
Old 23rd August 2017
Solid State Logic

Could be a bunch of things. There's some useful self-help stuff in the user manual if you have a multi-meter. if you don't have the original manual let me know and I'll email it to you.

other than that, we don't publish schematics so it would be back to SSL for repair.

Hope this helps.
Old 20th January 2019
Not sure if you got yours fixed? If so what was the problem? I am trying to finish up a project asap and my right channel did the same the same, or similar... Intermittent volume drop and now IDK, pulling my hair out...

Sending it to England or China is not an option right now....

Any and all help welcome...

Sincerely,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Main PCB sht1.pdf (158.9 KB, 21 views) File Type: pdf Main PCB sht1.pdf (158.9 KB, 16 views) File Type: pdf Main PCB sht2.pdf (2.00 MB, 17 views) File Type: pdf Switch sht1.pdf (111.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 22nd January 2019
Exactly...and is it financially viable for a customer to send their vintage SSL units half way around the world for sevice?
Old 23rd January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRyder View Post
Exactly...and is it financially viable for a customer to send their vintage SSL units half way around the world for sevice?
Any competent tech in your area will be able to fix this.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search