The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
unused neumann m250b - where to sell Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 11th July 2017
Here for the gear

unused neumann m250b - where to sell

dear all
i am new here and i registered just to ask you a question: a friend of mine bought a house with a recording studio inside and found in a drawer what seems to be an unused neumann m250b microphone in its box, n52t power supply and all the matching cables. as he is not into recording, i am asking on his behalf, what is the best place to sell these items? ebay is probably no option, as they charge ridiculous fees. what do you recommend?
regards
harry
Old 11th July 2017
Lives for gear

I would think that the right thing to do would be to contact the original seller of the studio/house and offer (or return) the mic to him, Seems very unusual that such a valuable mic would be simply left behind. If the original owner of the mic is not interested for whatever reason, contact Vintage King https://vintageking.com/trade.

It does sound a fishy story to me though sorry, but if your friend is genuine about it, get some detailed pictures of the mic/psu etc including serial numbers so the mic can be properly identified and post them here. There's plenty of knowledgeable experts around here that could assess the mic for your friend.
Old 11th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelindsay View Post
I would think that the right thing to do would be to contact the original seller of the studio/house and offer (or return) the mic to him, Seems very unusual that such a valuable mic would be simply left behind. If the original owner of the mic is not interested for whatever reason, contact Vintage King https://vintageking.com/trade
hi steve
thanks for your reply. sorry for being unclear, english is not my native tongue. the studio and the house were sold complete with all items inside, there are also loudspeakers and the big thingy with hundreds of knobs, called mischpult in german (mixing console?), so its all legal.
regards
harry
Old 11th July 2017
Lives for gear

I would not offer it to a dealer. They would give you the worst possible price. Contact lager studios directly, esp. the ones which do classical recordings. That´s where the M250 is best at. These mics are very rare and sought after in that scene.
Other than that I´d have it checked by a microphone tech, e.g. Andreas Grosser or Peter Drefahl. You have a much better basis for price negotiations if you have a proof in your hand for the mike being in perfect shape.

Gearslutz classifieds is a good place to sell it, quoka.de in Germany, Thomann Kleinanzeigen, ebay Kleinanzeigen, recording.de
Old 11th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenmann View Post
I would not offer it to a dealer. They would give you the worst possible price.
How do you know they aren't great at ripping people off with high prices? Most of them are. They have clients who will pay their price plus yours. Scum bag centers.
Old 11th July 2017
Lives for gear

VK will buy that mic for a very low offer price. Then they will list it for sale for an enormous price.

When they offer to buy your mic, beware.
Old 11th July 2017
Gear Guru
GS classifieds may not be a bad idea. There are also people on here like Klaus Heyne (or Doc on this thread), that you can PM and maybe get a good idea of what it's worth. They also may be able to find a buyer, etc. Warren Dent on here seems to be a good guy, or someone like Jim Williams. Anyway, my advice would be to reach out on this forum. People are generally helpful and the gear sellers, I've found give good advice. Klaus is a mic legend I believe. Others can probably give much better recommendations, but the aforementioned I'd reach out to if I was looking.
Old 14th July 2017
Here for the gear

thank you alle for your advice

its highly appreciated
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search