The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Overstayer MAS Owners
Old 26th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy View Post
Really *really* like this box. So much so, I picked up a second one. The first one is locked on my drum bus, pushing the input a little hard, but only blending in 20%. Gushy lows, full mids, and tastefully breaking-up highs. Dream box for my style.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the second one can play a role on the mix bus or possibly for lead vocals or guitar bus.
it is fantastic on gtr bus. Sometimes i take it with me to session with my kemper...dream combo.

ej
Old 3rd January 2020
There's some great examples of the MAS in my new Drum Break sample pack: https://soundcloud.com/paulcheeba/gr...s-demo/s-gBL5S
Old 8th January 2020
Here for the gear

Can anyone give some input on the Bereich Density? Paul I remember seeing somewhere you use both the mas and the density together?

I’m looking to get ether one or the other. The density is cheaper however I’m leaning toward the mas as I prefer rack over 500.
Old 8th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujigiridubs View Post
Can anyone give some input on the Bereich Density? Paul I remember seeing somewhere you use both the mas and the density together?

I’m looking to get ether one or the other. The density is cheaper however I’m leaning toward the mas as I prefer rack over 500.
They are so different it’s hard to say. Only that the MAS is on every mix I ever print.
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Nut

how would you compare the MAS to the Vintage Drive section on the SSL Fusion?
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Head
Paul, are those drum samples for sale?
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUZIKSLUT View Post
PM John!
Old 10th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUZIKSLUT View Post
Yes they are available in a whopping zip file. Loops, Fills and One Shots.
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post

- the icing on the cake: the separate i/o is wonderful. I can leave one stereo i/o hardwired to my 2-bus chain and the other to my overdub chain, preventing me from needing to constantly plug/unplug (I don't use a patchbay). Brilliant.

probably silly, but this is the reason I'm leaning towards a MAS as well. it will slot so nicely into my current setup, and with the flick of a switch it goes back and forth from being channel inserts and master inserts
Old 14th January 2020
Gear Head

I love this piece of gear...it is classy as hell.
My chain is :

Looptrotter Monster in compressor mode 60% wet > Dione Wes Audio SSL Quad Compressor clone 70% > Overstayer Mas 25%> Looptrotter Emperor Limiter in Fast mode 30%

I have to say it's the first time I went so low with Mas wet % and driven it harder than eve...but in this configuration it seems to work amazingly well. All of these devices add colour and character/ Dione has got two THD stages and it can be clean as well/ so it's easy to overdo things. Thanks for inspiring me to try this 25-30 % trick. It's like adding essence sauce to the sound. I work on heavy stuff with big drums and aggro guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy View Post
I’m really enjoying having two right now.

On the drum bus, I often have it:
- high and low shelf on
- dual off
- pushing into distortion
- 50% blend
- 2nd in
- emphasis off

For mix bus, I often have the second one:
- high low shelf off
- dual on
- pushing into distortion but less
- 20%-25% blend
- 2nd off
- emphasis on

I have the high pass off on both.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
The Black Box HG-2 slays the Culture Vulture. IMO

I also love the LTL Silver Bullet with the MAS. That's worth checking too.
Dear Paul,

how do you combine the Silver Bullet with the MAS?

All best,

Andreas
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
Dear Paul,

how do you combine the Silver Bullet with the MAS?

All best,

Andreas
I usually have the MAS just before my hardware limiter before the A/D. So the Silver Bullet could be anywhere before that and I usually use the SB with A>N mojo with a touch of it's eq. I use a few saturators and compressors lightly to taste to gently shave off transients.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I usually have the MAS just before my hardware limiter before the A/D. So the Silver Bullet could be anywhere before that and I usually use the SB with A>N mojo with a touch of it's eq. I use a few saturators and compressors lightly to taste to gently shave off transients.
Thanks Paul! MAS and Silverbullet are definately on my list. And maybe a Patchbay or a Dangerous Music Liaison.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search