The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Should I get ATC SCM20ASL or not?
View Poll Results: Should I get ATC SCM20ASL or not?
Get the ATC SCM20ASL's!
2 Votes - 100.00%
Save your money and get NS10's
0 Votes - 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th June 2017
Here for the gear

Should I get ATC SCM20ASL or not?

Hi everyone,

I want to upgrade my listening for the first time and take the plunge on high end nearfields. After reading everything that I could find on ATC SCM20ASL's I've been set on getting them.

I would like to hear from everyone about my pro's and con's before I decide to go ahead as there are a few factors in my situation/environment.

1. I come from a background of mixing on headphones, NS10s and small Genelecs. I strongly feel the missing link to better mixes and accuracy is upgrading to monitors such as the ATC's.

2. Unfortunatly, I would not be placing these monitors in a "treated studio room", they would (for now) be in a flat which is has carpets and furtniture and walls that have shelves.

I understand speaker placements is important and these things vary but there is only one place I can setup, which is towards a wall. I don't tend to listen very loud either.

SO

Should I hold off on upgrading monitors until I can invest more time into the room OR can I get away with listening to SCM20ASL's with a bit of treatment but pretty much in a home environment?

Thank you all so much!
Old 26th June 2017
Lives for gear

Save yourself some time and just get them. ATC is the RollsRoyce of monitors. The 20s are very forgiving with small locations, but do some acoustic treatment or you 'll not benefit totally from their engineering.
Best!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search