The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Crane Song IBIS level issue
Old 18th June 2017
Gear Addict

Crane Song IBIS level issue

I'm having a major issue with my IBIS. When it's in bypass, with all frequencies set to 0 (no cut, no boost), the left channel is attenuated by 4 or 5 dB. In fact, when the power is completely off, just running signal through it attenuates by the same amount. When it's turned on, with EQ engaged, the levels are as they should be. Per Dave Hill's recommendation, I had new relays put in, but that had no effect whatsoever.

Has anyone seen this?
Old 18th June 2017
Gear Addict

Here, you can see what happens to the signal when bypassed, and when engaged.
Attached Thumbnails
Crane Song IBIS level issue-ibis-bypass.jpg   Crane Song IBIS level issue-ibis-.jpg  
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Nut
Call them. They take care of all of my needs when I have issues or questions.
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Have not seen that with out Ibis.

A faulty relay would have been one of the most likely causes. Not sure what else is in the signal path in bypass, and I don't think there are any trim pots that would fall out of calibration.

You will probably need a tech to step through with a scope to find at what point the signal attenuation/loss is occuring.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search