The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API 3124 or Vintech 473
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

API 3124 or Vintech 473

For tracking which would you choose? Why? API 3124 or Vintech 473

Last edited by jeremyhorn; 1 week ago at 10:21 PM..
Old 1 week ago
We have both at our studio.

Its the same old api is great on drums neve for anything else that doesn't need super fast midforward response.

Try both make up your own mind (y)

Good luck
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

They are very different. I really like the Vintech on close mic'd drums. API on overheads and any close mic'd cymbals.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Get two 512's and two 573's.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhorn View Post
For tracking which would you choose? Why? API 3124 or Vintech 473
Why are the API 3124 and Vintech 473 the only options you're debating?!

Personally I think there is a place for API preamps and vintage Neve flavour pres in any Studio, but I'm not a particular fan of the Vintech offerings in the latter category. So if those were the only two options, I'd lean towards the 3124. But GR, BA, AMS or RND would be candidates I'd have on my list if I were you. ; )
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Daking!
Old 3 days ago
warm audio wa412
vintech 473
sebatron vmp4000e
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

I just bought a Vintech 473 for about $1500 with the power supply. I have UA 610's and RND Porticos. Am I going to like the Vintech? Getting an API 3124 next. I record country, pop, and rock.
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwarren View Post
I just bought a Vintech 473 for about $1500 with the power supply. I have UA 610's and RND Porticos. Am I going to like the Vintech? Getting an API 3124 next. I record country, pop, and rock.
Personally, I'd be surprised if you like the Vintech 473 better than your RNDs in Silk mode. But that said, some folk swear by them, so it will be interesting to hear your take on it once you get them settled in and start to work with them.

The API will give you a noticeably different flavour from any of the others you have presently, so it should 'expand your palette', if that's what you're going for. ; )
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search