The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mastering EQ: Bax EQ VS API 500 VS others
Old 17th May 2017
Gear Head

Mastering EQ: Bax EQ VS API 500 VS others

Hi there!

I use a Prism Titan interface for converter with a SSL X-Mynx summing (from the output of the Titan).
I need to use insert on the master module of SSL.
I will use with a stereo compressor (not choose for now) + a stereo EQ, for 2bus mastering purpose.
What do you think the most versatile? I hesistate between an API 2500 bus compressor + :
- Dangerous Music Bax EQ
or
- API 5500 EQ
or
- Maag Audio EQ4M

I also check, if I have budget for:
- Manley EQP1A
or
- GML 8200

Thanks a lot!
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostudio View Post
Hi there!

I use a Prism Titan interface for converter with a SSL X-Mynx summing (from the output of the Titan).
I need to use insert on the master module of SSL.
I will use with a stereo compressor (not choose for now) + a stereo EQ, for 2bus mastering purpose.
What do you think the most versatile? I hesistate between an API 2500 bus compressor + :
- Dangerous Music Bax EQ
or
- API 5500 EQ
or
- Maag Audio EQ4M

I also check, if I have budget for:
- Manley EQP1A
or
- GML 8200

Thanks a lot!
Spend some more money for Maselec MEA 2 EQ.You will never look for another ones if you buy Maselec.
I do have Dangerous BAx EQ,Millennia NSEQ 4,AVALON 747,Maselec MLA4,and Silver Bullet (it has also BAX EQ style ).
And If I had more money will take Maselec MEA 2.After some years trying and checking Eqs.
All my Eq now are killer,but if I start now from zero it will be Maselec.Some mastering guys like it more than GML 9500.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Head
I'd like to revitalise this post and check which Mastering EQs people went with.

I am on the hunt for a great 1U EQ, or a 2U at the most.

Very partial to acquiring a Tonelux Equalux, so if anyone has any experience with this bit of kit I'd appreciate info on it.

I think the API 5500, Maag EQ4M, BAX EQ would be a good 1U choice but it is such a difficult decision.

Feel free to shoot me your faves/ alts also. Thanks again!
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Addict
I have a 5500 over my 'instrumental' bus, and then the plugin Bax EQ over the entire mix.

I love the 5500, it's very flexible, but I can't help but think, having used the Bax EQ plugin, that the hardware version of the Bax may have a better top end shelf for mixbus duties than the 5500.

If you're just getting one, I'd probably say the 5500.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search