The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Expanding API's 'The Box' Consoles
Old 13th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
That seems like a pretty clever system. How are you dealing with headphone mix for the artists?
Generally I prefer for everyone to be hearing the same mix.
I feel like people perform better to each other when they all hear a really good balance that is the same.
90% of the time this is how I work and the artists end up really liking it.

If I have to do separate mixes, The Box allows me to do one by sending Aux 3/4 to the cue section. If I need more than one separate headphone mix I do it using aux sends from Pro Tools.
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybluerental View Post
Generally I prefer for everyone to be hearing the same mix.
I feel like people perform better to each other when they all hear a really good balance that is the same.
90% of the time this is how I work and the artists end up really liking it.

If I have to do separate mixes, The Box allows me to do one by sending Aux 3/4 to the cue section. If I need more than one separate headphone mix I do it using aux sends from Pro Tools.
I only send one mix to the band, but since going PT I always send it pre-fader/pre computer. I'm trying to avoid any latency issue. Are you on PT HD, or using the Orion "mixer" deal for phones?
Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
I only send one mix to the band, but since going PT I always send it pre-fader/pre computer. I'm trying to avoid any latency issue. Are you on PT HD, or using the Orion "mixer" deal for phones?
I dont use pro tools HD.

With the Orion 32+ running thunderbolt at the 32 sample buffer I can get latency figures that are under 2 ms.

I have never had anyone complain about latency and I cannot perceive any on the 32 and 64 buffer settings...........
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Well boys, time for all of us to eat our words about API not listening to us.... 8 more channels and they're all 500 slots, and it looks like this is just flat out replacing the older 4 channel one and coming in at the same price. Way to go API!
Attached Thumbnails
Expanding API's 'The Box'-scbx2019_005.jpg  
Old 24th January 2019
The new BOX console looks really cool. Dig the features
Old 24th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
Well boys, time for all of us to eat our words about API not listening to us.... 8 more channels and they're all 500 slots, and it looks like this is just flat out replacing the older 4 channel one and coming in at the same price. Way to go API!
It’s $16,795
The Four Channel box is $14,995

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search