The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot MM27 Gen1 vs. MM45
Old 17th May 2017
Here for the gear

Barefoot MM27 Gen1 vs. MM45

Hey Guys,

I need some help. For a while now I have been eyeing the MM45's. I have been sold on Barefoot for quite some time but they are pretty hard to find in Europe. Yesterday I got a good offer on a pair of almost new MM27 Gen1 (4800 Euro).

I am not sure if I should take the offer or wait a little longer and get a new pair of MM45's. I can't shell out more than 7500 Euros for my monitoring upgrade and can't listen to the Gen1 and the MM45's side by side. I also haven't listened to the Gen1 MM45 and have read that there is quite a difference between the first and second generation.

Does the first generation of the MM27 still have the upperhand when compared to the MM45's?

Does anyone have experience with both?

Thanks!
Old 8th November 2017
Lives for gear

push
Old 9th November 2017
Lives for gear

I have the first generation MM35 and they sound incredible. I would wager good money that the bigger MM27s still sound better than a second generation smaller speaker. My two cents.
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Maniac

I have heard MM27 gen2 but I have not heard MM45.

Previously I have used MM35 gen1 and gen2 in my studio and biggest difference between those is the tweeter. The gen2 sounds a bit more forward and a lot more detailed.

So relating MM27gen1 vs MM45 I expect the MM27 to extend a lot further down and have much more power/headroom.
MM45 is a nearfield monitor and MM27gen1 has the power of a main system.
But MM45 has the new tweeter so will be better in that aspect.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search