The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
shelford channel X2 Sound Enhancers & Exciters (HW)
Old 12th May 2017
Here for the gear
shelford channel X2

Well, was thinking of getting a rooster, a rnd tape, and 527 apis.
With those i want to record guitars (kemper mostly) vocals, bass, and also put them in my drum bass or mix bus. -they will get mixing duties otherwise no point in this setup.

then i thought about shelford....

and, i can drop the this chain, go for 2 shelfords (with the rnd tape again)

I own portico 2 and
alot of neve preamps in my studio but all these are for my home ---which is more important for me since there is where i make my music!!!, i like the sound.

My question is: will i be able to use it while mixing? either at a bus or snare, kick, guitars?

and if yes, is the rnd tape an overkill with these 2 channels? ok they dont do the same but the essential neve sound would be there. Maybe if i go for the shelfrods i would trade the tapes for a vulture --which i also own and love it. (different animals but u can never have enought dist)

I love colour. i used to think that i likes clean, but that was a lie... lol
only colour and actually to the point beyond return.

Is the eq enough for my drum bus? my guitar bus? (after cleaning up everything with fab, i would love to give broad strokes to light things up)

Please give me a hand here! i live in Greece, and there is nowhere to try. Everything i have bought for my main studio is only by reading. There are no units here to test what so ever.

thnx in advance

NUN

ps: i know shelford will be amazing for tracking. I am wondering its capabilities for mixing and giving sould vibe and in your face whenever i need it.

Also to give u a better idea my setup is:
dangerous bus 2+
kush electra
big ben
funky junk ssl clone

trilions of very good pluggins (actually only a few that do the job i want)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search