The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cranesong Hedd: any versions?
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Cranesong Hedd: any versions?

Were there some versions of Cranesong Hedd, like some improvements on the A/D side since its 1st release?

E.g. I mean for Avocet there is an upgrade available - a newer DAC.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Talking about 192.
Isnthe quantum upgrade only Dac? And the adc stayed the same?
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arseny View Post
Talking about 192.
Isnthe quantum upgrade only Dac? And the adc stayed the same?
Da side only yes, but I believe they are working on a new ad design as we speak. They usually have an upgrade path for older units to be updated.

The old ad is the one thing preventing me from getting a hedd. Pitch and catch in the same box is a good thing.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear
Unless your under 16 (or a Bat) I wouldn't worry too much

I have the version before very latest HEDD 192 and Avocet and to be utterly honest the resolution
of the converters in my units is way beyond my own ability to resolve audio detail, and I've got very
good auditry acuity.

The converters are just superb and it's beyond my imagination to imagine anyone needing to upgrade them if they have a recent version.

Of course if your buying new then your going to get the latest version but I would happily by my vintage of Crane Song converters again.
Old 22nd April 2017
Lives for gear

The latest HEDD I believe has the newer DA in it. Same AD

From what I hear, the next AD will be a stand alone to pair up with the Solaris.
Old 22nd April 2017
Lives for gear

tnx friends.

Why did I ask? There was a Hedd on a local auction here, went today for only 1200€.
I made a bid, but then I gave up (1. currently out of money 2. curious how Acousence arfi-adc2 sounds, 3. still happy with Tascam D3000)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search