The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Atc25a in small rooms? would they work?
Old 5th April 2017
Atc25a in small rooms? would they work?

I was thinking about the Atc25a. I been wondering i am using the unity rocks and they are great. I know you have learn your speakers. What i heard from the atc25a it was impressive. I would prob have to sell alot of gear to afford it. i know montioring and room is prob very important when mixing. I hate to second guess i know i need to keep learning my skills to get better. When you changed to the ATC25a did the mixes change? Did they get better? Thanks
Old 6th April 2017
Lives for gear

They are marketed (and built) for OB vans in addition to studios -- so mobile broadcast/recording situations where the speakers are racked in a small space in the van (there's a rack kit to fit in a standard 19" rack.) That would be a pretty "small room" to me.
Can't answer your other questions.
Old 6th April 2017
Here for the gear

I do post production editing and mixing for Public Radio. The SCM25a's were a Godsend in my small control room. I've learned to compensate for all kinds of inaccuracies in monitors, but the ATC's tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If there's a problem you'll hear it, if everything is right on, you'll KNOW IT.
Old 6th April 2017
Thanks guys for replying
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search