The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help me narrow down a high end monitor need... Studio Monitors
Old 23rd March 2017
Gear Maniac
Help me narrow down a high end monitor need...

My KRKV8's are in need of repair and I'd rather just step up to some really good monitors. I have a 19x19 room with the control room occupying a 10x19 nook of the room (iso booth breaks the room up). So basically a long rectangle. I like to mix from 3 feet back to about 10 feet. I mix mostly pop/country music with real instruments and occasional TV/movie theme stuff (software orchestral stuff)...

I also have KRK Rokit5's for the "in a crappy car" mix but I find I go to those to get my high frequency stuff dialed in. The V8's are kind of cloudy with the lows and low mids but I do enjoy the bass response compared to the 5's.

I have considered the subwoofer thing but I guess I feel the simplicity of the stereo pair best for me. Also I am open to a passive system though I know nothing about what's out there as far as the right amp for the speakers...

I have struggled to find myself buying 6's or 6.5's accept maybe for something like the Focal Twin6. I guess so far I fancy the Adam S2X or the Barefoot Footprint 01's but am open to anything providing it's neutral for optimum translation to other systems.

I do find myself looking at used/demo/B-stock monitors to get some bang for the buck. It's more about quality and not overdoing/underdoing it. Thanks for any ideas...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search