The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide H3000 Hardware!! Analog Processors (HW)
Old 19th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Eventide H3000 Hardware!!

Hello,

I'm thinking about getting an Eventide H3000 Hardware. I know there are a lot of experts on this matter around here.

I would like to know your opinion about which version to get, what to look for in a specific unit and what to check before buying.

Thanks!
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jffmusic View Post
Hello,

I'm thinking about getting an Eventide H3000 Hardware. I know there are a lot of experts on this matter around here.

I would like to know your opinion about which version to get, what to look for in a specific unit and what to check before buying.

Thanks!
you want the D/SE
Old 19th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Thanks! Why?
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

D/SE, D/SX and 3500's are the later models, and have more algorithms and presets, so probably more desirable.
All models sound exactly the same though, and the older models can be fully upgraded with a $100 eprom upgrade.
I'd go for one that has recently had a good service.
Old 19th March 2017
Gear Head

Pay attention to the power supply. The transformer can be VERY loud. Since they are not made anymore sometimes the only solution is to get a substitute and install it is the external box. I have done it and now I have a dead silent unit
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operators View Post
Pay attention to the power supply. The transformer can be VERY loud. Since they are not made anymore sometimes the only solution is to get a substitute and install it is the external box. I have done it and now I have a dead silent unit
Or just make a new top cover plate from 1mm plexiglass using the old metal plate as a template to copy ventilation holes/slots etc.
I did so on several H3000's.
Old 19th March 2017
Have you though about the Orville?

Hi, I would suggest the Orville instead of the 3000. For not much if any more cost , the Eventide Orville is a far better more modern effects system IMO. Check them out on Ebay. They come up from time to time. Best of luck, tlh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search