The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD Apollo 8 vs Antelope Orion AD/DA Audio Interfaces
Old 8th March 2017
Gear Nut

UAD Apollo 8 vs Antelope Orion AD/DA

Hello!

Which AD/DA is better, my apollo 8 blackface or Orion Antelope? Would connecting an antelope to my blackface be an upgrade?

Best Regards
Old 8th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBrosBeatz View Post
Hello!

Which AD/DA is better, my apollo 8 blackface or Orion Antelope? Would connecting an antelope to my blackface be an upgrade?

Best Regards

Take an analog trs to trs cable and take you most known song and send out a DA output from your interface back into the AD input and record. Each time you record the new adda pass write the number down and resend the same printed file! Then continue to do this until you hear degradation... prob have to do more than ten times on each unit to reall start to hear a difference.. both units are hinwuakity but as they are interfaces they rely on firmware / drives and software.. UAD has better integration and more stability from my research.. Sound quality is comparable with the antelope more clean pristine sounding and the Apollo more punchy mid forward.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search