The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
c451 65° anniversary vs vintage one Condenser Microphones
Old 6th March 2017
Gear Head

c451 65° anniversary vs vintage one

Hi there,
I just found out this 65° anniversary reissue looking around the web... I was wondering how this compares to the classic 451 versions.
anyone ever compared these? is it the same mic or just looks like it?

thank you!
Old 8th March 2017
Gear Head

really, nobody can comment on this topic? 65° anniversary limited edition vs classic edition...
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

My last studio partner bought one on a whim. I've used dozens of vintage 451's and the newer ones, but did not have any for direct comparison when using the 65th anniversary one. I will say that the 65th sounded really good and was a go to for me on hats and the occasional acoustic guitar when a brighter close mic was called for. It has that great presence in the high end like the original CK-1. On acoustic guitar, the newer version of the 451 always picked up the attack of a pick strumming the strings in an annoying and "bad" way that I could never really get rid of. The vintage models never did that (one reason i prefer them) and I found that true with the anniversary model as well, so they did something right with it in my book!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search