The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
To those Using the JCF LATTE
Old 25th March 2019
  #31
Gear Addict
 
Zoot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Most new AES devices are usable up to 192K
LOL -- Apparently most except Focusrite and Motu?
Old 25th March 2019
  #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
LOL -- Apparently most except Focusrite and Motu?
I think you are referring to the fact that you lessen the channel count of said devices when you go up to x4 sample rate?
Old 25th March 2019
  #33
Gear Addict
 
Zoot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
I think you are referring to the fact that you lessen the channel count of said devices when you go up to x4 sample rate?
No, I actually think it's because I can't properly read and focusrite clearly says it goes up to 192.
Old 26th March 2019
  #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
No, I actually think it's because I can't properly read and focusrite clearly says it goes up to 192.
Most all new’ish pro converter boxes with AES/EBU ports go to 192kHz

excluding the topic of interface box channel counts
Old 26th March 2019
  #35
Lives for gear
32 channels of AES at 192 kHz with Thunderbolt connectivity.

RME AES PCIe 32
Old 26th March 2019
  #36
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead57 View Post
32 channels of AES at 192 kHz with Thunderbolt connectivity.

RME AES PCIe 32
The RME AES PCIe 32 is actually 16 I/O... pretty silly for them to call it "32" or maybe it's brilliant marketing.
Old 27th March 2019
  #37
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieryan View Post
The RME AES PCIe 32 is actually 16 I/O... pretty silly for them to call it "32" or maybe it's brilliant marketing.
I stand corrected. 16 channels of AES, 32 audio channels in the DAW.
Old 27th March 2019
  #38
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Most all new’ish pro converter boxes with AES/EBU ports go to 192kHz

excluding the topic of interface box channel counts
I'd like to meet the engineer at Motu who decided to make the current generation Motu 112D AVB limited to 96khz max for AES connections. Seems like lazy/sloppy work to me. It isn't as if thunderbolt can't handle the data...
Old 27th March 2019
  #39
Lives for gear
 
Space1999's Avatar
 

Talking about Motu and JCF in the same thread is laughable.

Pat
Old 27th March 2019
  #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space1999 View Post
Talking about Motu and JCF in the same thread is laughable.

Pat
Yea, but they are just talking about interfaces -- with Digital I/O.

They are not comparing the converters, which IMHO, is silliness
Old 27th March 2019
  #41
Gear Addict
 
Zoot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space1999 View Post
Talking about Motu and JCF in the same thread is laughable.

Pat
...So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

The thread digressed from JCF Latte into how one digitally interfaces JCF converters.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump