The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Multiface or Motu equivalent?
Old 9th February 2004
Gear Head

Multiface or Motu equivalent?

Hello. I'm a newbie here and blown away by this site. I am a staunch Dog of Analog making his first move into laptop recording. Besides years of using tape, I recently have worked with RADAR...and with PT using a RADAR front end (using the convertors). My plan for mobile recording and mixing is to use two of the new Helios reissue pres...either A Multiface or Motu equivalent...(a PC laptop running Samplitude or Nuendo)...a 16 ch. Helsing Analog Passive gizmo as my "breakout" console and then either a pair of Helios or Universal Audio pres as my gain maker-upper. ok...my question...

Sonically...what are your preferences. Are the convertors pleasing (given that I'll be using good NATO analog pieces and mics at the front end)? Is one more Sting and one more Creedence (bright-ass vs. warm)?

Besides the RADAR convertors (Nyquist/expensive)...I like the sound of the Apogee Rosetta (affordable). Are the convertors in either of these boxes usable for "pro" Economy With Dignity recording? Usable meaning "sounds good"? Thanks all.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search