The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do any of you do most of the mix on Auratones?
Old 25th February 2017
Do any of you do most of the mix on Auratones?

I have doing most of my mix on the reissue of the Auratones. I would say about 70 percent and then i check and fix other other stuff on my Rocks. Is anybody doing that? I think that it really makes you work on the mids.
Old 18th March 2017
Gear Nut

Slowly getting there as well with the MixCubes. They were dissapointment at first (compared to "wide-spectrum" studio monitors) but when you learn to produce and especially to mix with Auratone/Mixcube/Behritone type of large a single-driver speaker setup you'll learn so much about your mixes and production it's unbelieavable. They tell the truth about your music I'd sum them up.

I now 100% of the time mix with MixCubes, and slowly getting near this number with production as well. Now just occasionally switching to the Tannoys or subwoofer to check the extreme lows, but they are much harder, lot of guess-work and inconsistent to work with in comparsion to MixCubes IMHO, despite sounding much "richer" and "better".

Horses for courses.
Old 18th March 2017
Lives for gear
I own a pair of Klein and Hummel 0300's .... cost me £3K

an original pair of 1970 Auratone 5c's .... cost me £60 second hand on eBay

and a pair of Sony SRS 88 active computer speakers .... cost me £10 NOS on eBay!

I have all three connected to a Crane Song Avocet monitor contoller.

I spend about 80% of my time mixing on the Sony SRS 88's - they are just brilliant and really force you to make the low mids clear.

Then about 10% on the Auratones checking snare and vocal levels - plus if the kick and bass speak OK on a small speaker.

Then about 10% on the 0300's checking the low end and setting any HPF's on the kick and/or bass.

Mastering is different of course as is tracking, in those cases the numbers are reversed and I'm on the 0300's 80% of the time.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search