The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akg c414-buls
Old 1st March 2017
Here for the gear

Had some fears about putting the mic up on reverb.com -- about getting scammed by a buyer. Then I see people are selling guitars worth thousands on there.. feel a little more comfortable. I have an old Fender Champion Lap Stell guitar in great shape in an original Fender Tweed case which is also in great shape, which I'd like to sell. Probably worth about $1200 or so. I think I'll sell this mic first on reverb.com to test their waters.
Old 2nd March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
Had some fears about putting the mic up on reverb.com -- about getting scammed by a buyer. Then I see people are selling guitars worth thousands on there.. feel a little more comfortable. I have an old Fender Champion Lap Stell guitar in great shape in an original Fender Tweed case which is also in great shape, which I'd like to sell. Probably worth about $1200 or so. I think I'll sell this mic first on reverb.com to test their waters.
I've never been scammed on reverb as a buyer. Always great communication. EvilBay is just another story, not for me.
Old 22nd April 2018
Here for the gear

I have a 414-B-TL II that has the exact same problem. been in storage for a couple of years and has the bubble-effect paintwork on the housing. Weird thing is they appear to be lumps, not bubbles. They are not squishable. Extremely firm thumbnail pressure shows no yield. Any further developments on the above? Anyone contact AKG?
Old 28th April 2018
mas
Gear Nut

Bubbles in C414 housing finish

The picture in Jennifer´s OP shows a 414 which still has a black chrome finish - no paint. The bubbles could be caused by slight mistakes in the glavanization process (insufficient cleaning of the rough diecast body before plating). Layers are: Casting - copper - nickel - black chrome.
Also very aggressive sweat (acid) can cause bubbles in the finish of plated diecast parts over time - you might have seen guitar bridges and tuner knobs with bubbled finish.
Also some foam packing materials emit fumes that can damage certain finishes in the long run.

Around 2000 AKG generally replaced the expensive satin black chrome finish with paint finish (on C414, C426, ect.) Spare parts made afterwards are also painted.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search