The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adam S5H-Main Monitors Studio Monitors
Old 23rd February 2017
Adam S5H-Main Monitors

I'm currently road testing them, I have the S4X-H and these speakers are something else ... I am not sure what Adam Audio did but, they are incredible main monitors.

Last edited by mac black; 23rd February 2017 at 03:26 AM..
Old 24th February 2017
Gear Nut
I saw these at the launch in London, they're much bigger than i was expecting! Awesome looking speakers.

Out of interest are you using them on the pure setting, or have you tried the classic adam dsp setting? Any opinions on how the settings differ in sound?

Im looking to demo the smaller s3v soon hopefully.
Old 28th February 2017
Gear Head

Adam S4X

Hi,

I am the moderator for Adam Audio.

Thanks for the thumbs up. Adam Audio's engineers did some serious engineering to get the clarity, articulation and output level for the speakers.

The new S Series which replaces the SX Series is hitting the US in a few weeks. There will be a 15 city US tour. Let me know if you are interested in attending.
Scott E
Old 6th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodFreefall View Post
I saw these at the launch in London, they're much bigger than i was expecting! Awesome looking speakers.

Out of interest are you using them on the pure setting, or have you tried the classic adam dsp setting? Any opinions on how the settings differ in sound?

Im looking to demo the smaller s3v soon hopefully.
I've been using them flat, as they are.
They sound amazing at the moment and I don't want to change anything.

Waiting for the software to arrive so I can adjust them from my listening position, I think it would be easier to experiment like that and maybe store a few settings, let's ee.

They sound clear and punchy and a step up from my S4X-H which I'm selling ... but they're also twice the price so you would expect that.
Old 6th March 2017
Gear Nut
Yeah I guess adjustments by software would make tweaking the speaker settings much easier.

Are you using the analogue input or the digital? I've got a Prism interface, I'm wondering if I'd be better off connecting analogue or digital. I know the speakers have a DSP stage in them, so I guess it could be better going in digital, but would seem a waste not to use my prism converters. At the demo at Rak in London they had the speakers connected to Prism interfaces by analogue.

Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search