The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL XL-Desk + Raven Mti vs other console options Control Surfaces
Old 20th February 2017
SSL XL-Desk + Raven Mti vs other console options

So I've hit the point in my coming studio build/updated demo room, to start looking at consoles. I'm in Canada so there is less of a selection for used without paying out huge shipping costs, so most likely I'll be going new, as many stores throw in free shipping with new consoles.

Requirements:
1) Automation
2)Ease of workflow
3)Great summing sound
4)Budget cap: $40k all in, including cables, patchbays, and desk. I have conversion in a seperate budget, to accomadate the extra channels i would be working with.
5)Need more preamps, ideally 8+, if i dont get in the console, I would need outboard, which would take up that 40k budget as well.

I'm looking for 16-32 channels. 4+ bus. Monitor control is negligable as I will be using my own controller.

I'm willing to break up my budget into a few seperate items to offer something similar.

Options I'm considering:

1) SSL XL-Desk + Raven MTi
2) SSL Matrix + Phoenix DRS8
3) Audient 8024 (used)

Any experience with these particular units? Sadly its hard here to find much higher end pro audio gear, so I'm confirming my short list, and finding somewhere I can fly to spend some time on them.

Thanks!
Old 20th February 2017
I see you're in Calgary, Check out studio economik in Montreal! Amazing customer support and lots of
Knowledgeable staff! They will give you a lot of info. Ask for Mario!
There's also a couple of summing options in the gearslutz classifieds
Old 21st February 2017
Yup! That's one of my options for a place to go. Still looking to narrow my options so I can confirm wherever I go has everything available to try. I've spent some time before in the economik demo room. Great team there for sure to work with
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search