The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Should I Sell My Manley REF-C For Townsend Labs Mic? Condenser Microphones
Old 19th February 2017
Should I Sell My Manley REF-C For Townsend Labs Mic?

Should I Sell My Manley REF-C For The New Townsend Labs Mic?

What would you do?
Old 19th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post
Should I Sell My Manley REF-C For The New Townsend Labs Mic?

What would you do?
What would I do? I'd buy the Slate vms again honestly
Old 19th February 2017
Lives for gear

Dude. No.

Would you sell any classic piece of hardware for a focusrite liquid channel? A roland mic mod?

In a few years, the Manley will still be a great sounding, useful, well made tool that retains its value.
Old 19th February 2017
No. Why would you? I love my Manley and instead of selling just add another mic to your arsenal
Old 19th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
Dude. No.

Would you sell any classic piece of hardware for a focusrite liquid channel? A roland mic mod?

In a few years, the Manley will still be a great sounding, useful, well made tool that retains its value.
Thanks guys..Manley is staying :-)

Old 19th February 2017
Gear Guru

A software controlled mic is going to have a time when it stops being useful. That is not true of a well cared for "standard" microphone.
Old 19th February 2017
How many have used and heard the Townsend mic who have responded so far? I would sell the Manley and purchase an even better mic. I'm sure the Townsend is a great tool, however without hearing it I would have to put the mic through its paces before I would consider selling anything I know and use daily for it, esp. a ref c. Give the Townsend a spin you may very well like it and find it does exactly what you need and more, but don't sell anything you use and like before hand
Old 19th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUTB View Post
How many have used and heard the Townsend mic who have responded so far? I would sell the Manley and purchase an even better mic. I'm sure the Townsend is a great tool, however without hearing it I would have to put the mic through its paces before I would consider selling anything I know and use daily for it, esp. a ref c. Give the Townsend a spin you may very well like it and find it does exactly what you need and more, but don't sell anything you use and like before hand
great advise as always
Old 19th February 2017
Lives for gear

Don't. I got vms, emulations are ok, but I kunda regret selling my tlm103, even thou it wasn't great mic , but it had that Neumann saturation sound
Old 19th February 2017
i know what you mean. I had the tlm a few years back and sold it for needed cash.

its like a breakup you never get over.

im just looking for that one versatile mic that i could use on everything
Old 19th February 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post
i know what you mean. I had the tlm a few years back and sold it for needed cash.

its like a breakup you never get over.

im just looking for that one versatile mic that i could use on everything
Is it that much of a hardship to mute a channel and swap out a mic? No mic works for everything, that's why we acquire mics. Horses for courses.
Old 19th February 2017
I only divorce gear that isn't working for me. Otherwise, I group it all together like an orgy. Some see more action than others....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search