The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iMac + TwoTwo 5 + TwoTwo Sub1 Setup? Studio Monitors
Old 18th February 2017
Here for the gear

iMac + TwoTwo 5 + TwoTwo Sub1 Setup?

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out with my new PMC setup. I'm currently running an iMac, outputting to an Oppo HA-1 DAC via USB. From there, it goes to the TwoTwo Sub1 via analog XLR and from there to the TwoTwo 5 monitors via analog XLR.

I'm realizing the TwoTwo 5 monitors have an onboard DAC so it seems a bit redundant and probably not the best idea to have two DACs in the mix.

My questions are:

- Is there a way to eliminate the Oppo DAC and output from iMac straight to the TwoTwo Sub1 digitally?

- I first tried using the provided RJ45 cables to connect the monitors to the Sub1 but the sound quality wasn't anywhere near the analog XLR quality. Anyone know why? It would seem keeping the signal digital all the way through would be best?

- Is the PMC TwoTwo RC1 controller worth getting? Its just volume control and easier access to settings right? I suppose if I were able to eliminate the Oppo from the chain, the RC1 controller would be required?

- I'm also getting slight interference/speaker buzz. Any ideas what that could be from?

Any help is appreciated.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search