The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SpeckMix 16
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Addict

SpeckMix 16

So I have a chance of picking one of these up fro $2500, I thought that was a bit high for that console but I did some reasearch and it seems like people REALLY like the Speck Products. I mean it is old, Has RCA, connectors for the line inputs and it isn't modular, but if it has some MOJO is it worth this price?

Thanx,
Jack
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear
Pics?
Old 18th February 2017
Lives for gear

Speck is great, but not if you're looking for mojo. That price seems high, but I haven't checked the market value. Their deigns are rather transparent, but in a good way. So for someone looking for a unit which maintains fidelity and allows you to achieve color elsewhere, Speck is a respectable solution. I'm not very familiar with the Mix 16... I'm sure you know it's one of their earlier designs.

-SD
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Speckmix_16_Brochure.pdf (4.74 MB, 101 views)
Old 18th February 2017
Lives for gear

Used one on a record in the early '90s at Lowdown in S.F., it was fine for it's time. I'd keep looking for a modular board with full inserts etc. at that price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search