The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
connecting from rednet 3 to prism 8xr Digital Converters
Old 13th February 2017
  #1
Here for the gear
 

connecting from rednet 3 to prism 8xr

I have focusrite rednet3 that has one spdif output and a db25 port to output 8 channel aes signal. I wanna connect its aes output to a prism sound ada8xr.

The ada8xr uses aes I/O card so it is also a db25 pin port. But the layout of 8xr db25 and rednet3 db25 are different.

so what should I do to output 2 channel aes signals from rednet3 to 8xr? Thanks!

In the following graph, the left side is db25 schema for 8xr and right side is for rednet3.
Attached Thumbnails
connecting from rednet 3 to prism 8xr-prismsound8xr25db.png   connecting from rednet 3 to prism 8xr-rednet25db.png  
Old 13th February 2017
  #2
Lives for gear
 

If you are not handy with a soldering iron you should buy 2 short AES looms one with the Tascam pinout and the other with the Yamaha pinout. Just connect all the tails together and away you go. There are also products that swap the connections internally such as the one below.

ALVA DB25 AES/EBU Pin-Out Converter YAMAHA to TASCAM - Soundtown
Old 14th February 2017
  #3
Here for the gear
 

thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
If you are not handy with a soldering iron you should buy 2 short AES looms one with the Tascam pinout and the other with the Yamaha pinout. Just connect all the tails together and away you go. There are also products that swap the connections internally such as the one below.

ALVA DB25 AES/EBU Pin-Out Converter YAMAHA to TASCAM - Soundtown
Thanks for the reply, but the db25 on both devices are using Tascam standard, but they swapped the input and output. For example, the pin 1/14/2 in 8xr is connected to channel A input but the pin 1/14/2 in rednet3 is connected to channel A output. So if I diy two short breakout cables, I would need to make two different ones, right? I hope to purchase the breakout cables somewhere, but most sellers don't specify which layout they use...

Thank you!
Old 14th February 2017
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Yes. Just have two breakout cables made and ask for the standard male/female connector groupings to be switched on one of them. If you live in the US, you can have RedCo or ProAudio LA wire this up for you. Otherwise, get two standard breakout cables and 8 gender changing XLR barrels.

But the easiest is just have a DB-25 straight-through cable made (bought) because it avoids the connectors completely. Out to In, In to Out, the same pins need to be wired straight through.
Old 14th February 2017
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Yes. Just have two breakout cables made and ask for the standard male/female connector groupings to be switched on one of them. If you live in the US, you can have RedCo or ProAudio LA wire this up for you. Otherwise, get two standard breakout cables and 8 gender changing XLR barrels.

But the easiest is just have a DB-25 straight-through cable made (bought) because it avoids the connectors completely. Out to In, In to Out, the same pins need to be wired straight through.
Yes I live in the US. Thank you for the excellent idea of making two sets of cable that just switched the grouping on one of them. I will contact RedCo and ProAudio LA now.

I can't have a DB-25 straight through cable cause I also want to have the digital output of 8xr and feed it into my lavry da924 dac. Is this possible to use one aes cable to connect the db25 out of 8xr and feed it to lavry?


Thank you!
Old 14th February 2017
  #6
Lives for gear
 

No. If you need to send the AES out to a different unit, then you have to use break out cables.
Old 14th February 2017
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
No. If you need to send the AES out to a different unit, then you have to use break out cables.
Ok. So if I use breakout cables on both rednet and 8xr, I can send the digital signals of 8xr out to my dac right? Thanks.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump