The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2 buss all-in-one units? Sound Enhancers & Exciters (HW)
Old 11th February 2017
Lives for gear

2 buss all-in-one units?

I am changing up some gear in my studio, and was wondering if there are any killer 2 buss all-in-one units that I don't know about. The RND Portico Master Buss Processor is one example. Ideally, something that has compression/eq/tape emulation or coloration. Main uses would be to run stereo acoustic guitars through, electric guitars, stereo mix, etc.
Old 12th February 2017
Old 12th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
I am changing up some gear in my studio, and was wondering if there are any killer 2 buss all-in-one units that I don't know about. The RND Portico Master Buss Processor is one example. Ideally, something that has compression/eq/tape emulation or coloration. Main uses would be to run stereo acoustic guitars through, electric guitars, stereo mix, etc.
It doesn't have quite everything you mention but the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor is a very flexible beast.
Old 14th February 2017
Gear Addict
Avalon 747.
Old 14th February 2017
Lives for gear

Black Box HG2 is another one.
Old 14th February 2017
I would definitely consider two Portico Channels as an option, EQ, vca compressor with side chain and stereo-linkable and two Neve-"silk" options.
They are Great on the 2bus
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
The RND Portico Master Buss Processor is one example. Ideally, something that has compression/eq/tape emulation or coloration
I have the Neve MBP and it's a versatile and feature rich box. I really like the Stereo Field Editor. I wouldn't say that offers any tape emulation, however.
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
if you can find a Box that has M/S processing that would be a nice bonus !!!
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Addict

A 747 or a pair of Retro Powerstrips would be a great option. 747 would be cheaper, Powerstrips could be used for tracking as well. Both are a win.
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Addict

Louder than liftoff Silver Bullet packs a few things in one...a compressed/polished sound without compression..
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm sounds View Post
Louder than liftoff Silver Bullet packs a few things in one...a compressed/polished sound without compression..
Thanks, that's the way I went - it arrives today. Psyched to try it out!
Old 18th February 2017
Lives for gear
Please let us know about it. It's peaked my interest for sure.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search