The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API 2488 or API Legacy Plus Consoles
Old 11th February 2017
Gear Head

API 2488 or API Legacy Plus

Hi Slutz, I'm looking to install an API 2488 or Legacy Plus (32) in studio 2. I have no experience of either console, only anecdotal opinions. I have found both for sale & they are similarly priced. I'm tempted by the vintage draw of an old API but would prefer the reliability of a 9 yr old Legacy Plus. Does anyone here have any professional or commercial experience of either that they would be willing to share to help with my decision? Many thanks, Jim

Last edited by furbricks; 11th February 2017 at 10:07 PM..
Old 12th February 2017
Gear Guru

Me personally I'd go 2488 or better a 3288.
Old 12th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by furbricks View Post
Hi Slutz, I'm looking to install an API 2488 or Legacy Plus (32) in studio 2. I have no experience of either console, only anecdotal opinions. I have found both for sale & they are similarly priced. I'm tempted by the vintage draw of an old API but would prefer the reliability of a 9 yr old Legacy Plus. Does anyone here have any professional or commercial experience of either that they would be willing to share to help with my decision? Many thanks, Jim
I guess it really depends how well maintained the 2488 is...

I had a similar quandary/choice a few years back. There was a 3288 available at the same time at a 32 channel 1608. Reliability was a big factor for me so I went for the 1608 and never looked back.
Old 12th February 2017
Lives for gear

Are you talking about the fish factory 32ch legacy?

It's a cool little console but a bit exy @£68k I think.. But that's just me
Old 12th February 2017
Gear Guru

I'd ask what is your automation situation/desire/need? Then, what is the automation situation of said consoles. As always mentioned condition will play a huge part in this as well. There's also expandability. I'm fairly certain on theLegacy+ if there aren't compressors already fitted, you can add them (if you desire) but I don't know about a vintage model.

Looking at your website, the rooms are pretty impressive, and I think any large format console will impress clients.
Old 12th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Furbricks wow your place looks amazing! Has to be the most complete package in the country. An API will be a sweet cherry on the cake. Congratulations. I can't believe I didn't know about you before. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search