The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What to charge... Condenser Microphones
Old 4th February 2017
What to charge...

So I've finally decided to get rid of some vintage gear that's been in storage for quite some time. I did get the pre's cleaned up because I have a buyer who potentially wants to buy everything..
I'm curious to know what to charge for certain pieces as I've been out of the loop for quite sometime, but want to be fair and also don't want to undersell myself either.. When checking Ebay prices are all over the place...

Help? The list goes as such;

1. Telefunken v76 in a lunchbox unit

2. Telefunken stereo pair of v72a's racked

3. 4 Neve 81380's racked in a wooden sidecar

4. Api 312 stereo pair in lunchbox with 2 more slots available

5. Neve 1272 stereo pair in a boutique audio rack

6. Minimoog (original)

7. Fender rhodes 54 key

8. Arp Ensemble

9. Aphex 1100 stereo tube pre's

10. Brauner Vm1

11. U47 (tube is a little scratchy)

12. Neve 1073 stereo pair in BA rack but original

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Completed listings on ebay will be very helpful.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

I use "sold" listings for pricing, eg. most of flowerpot guys listings are completed but not sold.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Depends on how fast you want to sell it. Gear is not selling like it use to.

So if you ask top dollar expect it to sit a while, like up to a year or three. Shave a little off the price and it might only sit a few weeks or months. Be reasonable and half the stuff will move right away, the other half will take time.

I say this from experience. When I need to raise money fast, say to pay off the IRS, I price gear to move fast. Since your stuff has been in storage maybe sitting on it a little while won't affect you.

You can't go by eBay, as you say, it's all over the place. Reverb.com would be better for the average high price... people always seem to be asking top dollar there. Then you can decide how much your willing to take off. (Just a thought)

If I needed any gear I'd be making you offers on some of your pieces. Actually I'd take the 1272's for a decent price. Just pm me if you are interested.

Best of luck in your sales.
Old 15th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Depends on how fast you want to sell it. Gear is not selling like it use to.

So if you ask top dollar expect it to sit a while, like up to a year or three. Shave a little off the price and it might only sit a few weeks or months. Be reasonable and half the stuff will move right away, the other half will take time.

I say this from experience. When I need to raise money fast, say to pay off the IRS, I price gear to move fast. Since your stuff has been in storage maybe sitting on it a little while won't affect you.

You can't go by eBay, as you say, it's all over the place. Reverb.com would be better for the average high price... people always seem to be asking top dollar there. Then you can decide how much your willing to take off. (Just a thought)

If I needed any gear I'd be making you offers on some of your pieces. Actually I'd take the 1272's for a decent price. Just pm me if you are interested.

Best of luck in your sales.

Thanks so much for that... Yea since I'm so out of the loop I don't even remember how Ebay "sold" thingy goes and once again.. It's all over the place price wise..
I just know what I bought the items for and pretty much would like to get at least that..
Old 16th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkyt View Post
Thanks so much for that... Yea since I'm so out of the loop I don't even remember how Ebay "sold" thingy goes and once again.. It's all over the place price wise..
I just know what I bought the items for and pretty much would like to get at least that..
Please don't use ebay.. ebay needs to die a quick death. The past ten items I've sold have yielded 3 scammers.. one in particular took a screwdriver to a 500 series rack .. you can twll by the markings and how the case was pried open.. presumably because a slightly cheaper one popped up and the guy didn't have a fair excuse to return.. it was packed up so incredibly well and the guy won and labeled it as poorly shipped.. not only did I have to refund it but I had to pay to ship back my broken rack and now can't even use it. The item was insured but the guy refused to use it then didn't insure it on way back.

Not to derail but there's strings u can pull to get darn near anything for free if u play ur cards right.

I've had great luck buying off ebay but I wouldn't touch that seller button
Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

Try calling Mike Nehera one of the owners at vintage king. I'm sure he'd love to rep this piece of history. At the very least he'd give you a ballpark value of what it might be worth.

Of course we all know the value is really whatever a buyer is willing to pay.

Good luck.
Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

I'll give you a rough estimate of the going prices where I live (Europe) :

1. Telefunken v76 in a lunchbox unit

€1500

2. Telefunken stereo pair of v72a's racked

€1800 for the pair

3. 4 Neve 81380's racked in a wooden sidecar

€2000

4. Api 312 stereo pair in lunchbox with 2 more slots available

€1000

5. Neve 1272 stereo pair in a boutique audio rack

€2500

6. Minimoog (original)

€4000 maybe cheaper in the US

7. Fender rhodes 54 key

About €1500 where I live but certainly cheaper in the US

8. Arp Ensemble

About €1000 maybe cheaper in the US

9. Aphex 1100 stereo tube pre's

bout €500

10. Brauner Vm1

€2000

11. U47 (tube is a little scratchy)

Hard to say. I'd need to see it first. Lots of dough for sure.

12. Neve 1073 stereo pair in BA rack but original

Maybe 8 grands for the pair.
Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

You'd never get that for a racked pair of 1272s here in the states. Last single one with power supply on GS sold for under 500.00.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Talk to a broker. Joel Morowitz at Estatic Electric is a great guy.
Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
You'd never get that for a racked pair of 1272s here in the states. Last single one with power supply on GS sold for under 500.00.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Talk to a broker. Joel Morowitz at Estatic Electric is a great guy.
$500 is a really good price. Depends on how the thing has been modified/integrated in the rack. If done properly, under €2000 would be a great price IMHO. I said rough estimates...
Old 17th February 2017
UGP
Gear Nut

$500 for a vintage Neve 1272 with PSU is a steal... Racked vintage pairs fetch at least 2k.
Old 3rd March 2017
500 for 1272's? C'mon

I've been out of the selling loop for so long but I do know that a vintage pair of 1272's in a boutique audio rack is def worth more than 500... The rack itself was 800 at the time..
I will post pics of everything soon.. Been under home repairs with the rain and all.. Also, I'm not desperate, and can (and have been sitting for almost 5 years) until a fair price is offered.. I paid in January to have everything tested and made sure it was running great..

Be back soon guys with pics..
Old 3rd March 2017
We have a classifieds section for selling gear (and you can upload pictures) but you cant start selling in a forum thread.

Good luck with it though..

closing this thread
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search