The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vinyl Record Production Gets Much-needed Tech Upgrade
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

Vinyl Record Production Gets Much-needed Tech Upgrade

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/29/...-tech-upgrade/
Old 31st January 2017
Gear Guru

Cool
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

I hope they're not eco-mentally recycling minded. One of the malpractices of old was to throw sliced up old vinyl discs into the mix c/w label. Over time the bits of label would find their way to the surface of the disc to foul the stylus and generally degrade replay.
Old 1st February 2017
Gear Head

Very cool thanks for posting this.
Old 1st February 2017
Gear Addict

And Canadian to boot
Old 1st February 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper.real View Post
I hope they're not eco-mentally recycling minded. One of the malpractices of old was to throw sliced up old vinyl discs into the mix c/w label. Over time the bits of label would find their way to the surface of the disc to foul the stylus and generally degrade replay.
Reminds me of when I was a wee tyke and worked at a mom & pop grocery. The Wonder Bread guy would come in every day, drop off the new bread and take away the day-old. One day I asked him what they did with the old bread -- just throwing it away seemed like such a waste. He said, "They slice off the crust, dry it out, grind it up, and make new bread out of it. For the 'Wheat' variety, they leave the crust on."
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Old 26th February 2017
Lives for gear

Third man pressing seems to require a good deal of human manpower. Im curious what the econimics look like for them, compared to the fully automated process in the original post.
Old 27th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
My old friend John Snodgrass is a partner in the Dallas-based venture. Getting a tour of the plant soon. Lots of cool stuff they're doing there.
Old 28th February 2017
Quote:
News from August 2015?
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlanyard View Post
News from August 2015?
oops. I saw it posted today, didn't check the date. Hopefully business is still going well for them.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search