The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good Service
Old 15th October 2002
Lives for gear

Good Service

Just got off the line with Dallas at Vintech regarding a problem I am having with one of my X73s. He has been more then honorable and fair. Actually Fed Ex'ed them back at his expense to make sure I had them for a session, when he didn't have to. Then made an extra offer to make all this up to me.

Made me think of some of the dealings I have had with manufacturers that were horror stories. Obviously it is important to have great service as well as great gear.

I had a situation with a couple of Royer mics where Rick at Royer was the same way, very helpful. David Marquette was another good guy when it came time for support of one of his custom racks. EveAnna Manley as well. Of course these people SHOULD give a damn, but many don't. It is also great to have a great dealer behind you.

It makes you want to go out of your way to support these guys. It also makes you think of some of the pricks at Digidesign as well as Digidesign's attitude toward customers. I cringe when I see the word "Digi" before anything or even used as a catch phrase.

Curious about some good and not so good stories you have regarding manufacturers.
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

Re: Good Service

Quote:
Originally posted by Knox
It makes you want to go out of your way to support these guys. It also makes you think of some of the pricks at Digidesign as well as Digidesign's attitude toward customers. I cringe when I see the word "Digi" before anything or even used as a catch phrase.

you can say about digidesign that their products suck , that their company policy sucks, that their sound sucks compared to SSL, that their logo is ugly, that they are too expensive ..... whatever ..... and in some of those I will even agree with you but saying that their customer support sucks ???? Hell NO

my experience is the exact opposite ... digidesign has ALLWAYS ... from day one provided first class customer support to me and all ProTools owners I personally know. Surely you mean their company policy towards customers concerning issues like apogee etc etc .... but customer support ???? nah .... hard to find better imho.
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

No, no. This post has nothing to do with the "2 inch tape sucks . . . . " post.
Or my preference regarding Pro Tools or tape.

I simply found the few times I had to deal with Digidesign support to be a nightmare. I have had various Digidesign products for a VERY long time and have always found their support to be terrible. Even worse the past few years. Arrogant actually.

Maybe it is different in Australia . . . . though I am glad you have had good experience with them.
Old 16th October 2002
I've found their customer support staff courteous at all times myself.
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

for what europe concerns .... first in line is the dealer. Most I know are on 24/7 mobile call ready to help customers .... next up is the main (local) digi HQ ... digidesign benelux is great. Rarely a problem goes beyond giving them a call and if they are not able to help you immediately they will call you back after they have found a solution. Of course the problems I talk about are not the phonecalls asking you how to create a stereo track or how to save a session. those will give you the "read the f*cking manual" type of answer. I mean in depth software issues or setups or harware problems. If not your dealer ... at least the local digi office should be able to help you with an acceptable answer or solution within an acceptable time lap. It is what they are paid to do.
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

O **** . . . . this isn't going to be another Digidesign thread is it?
*smile*
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

hey .... dfegad on the one who started it grggt fuuck heh
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

true!
Then . . . what do u know? You live on the other side of the earth. And you live with lizards, kangaroos and koala bears . . . sheesh, what could you know about service? There are only 3 people that live in Australia, and all 3 come to Gearslutz! You must be crazy . . hell you live upside down.

*smile*
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

Ummm... Knox? Why do you keep going on about Australia? You're talkin' to one guy in London and one in Belgium and you keep goin' on about koalas & lizards and such. Maybe you just need a looooong rest yuktyy .

Scott
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

lol . . . . pretty damn right!
ok, so they know about fish and chips and waffles
geeez . . . I do need a rest
Old 16th October 2002
Quick! Get the tranquilizer gun!

Rabid engineer!

Call the zoo!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search