The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
So I bought a Prism Lyra 2.
Old 23rd August 2017
Gear Nut

Yep. API to Lyra.
I have been in contact with Prism to try and resolve the issue.
The going through the mic pres was their idea.
It's pretty simple. The input on the Lyra is set higher than the Aurora and the Korg.

If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.
Old 23rd August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski spiggy View Post
Yep. API to Lyra.
I have been in contact with Prism to try and resolve the issue.
The going through the mic pres was their idea.
It's pretty simple. The input on the Lyra is set higher than the Aurora and the Korg.

If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.
A-Designs ATTY2 (High End, 2 channel level control):

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...IaAgpXEALw_wcB
Old 23rd August 2017
Gear Nut

I have two of them that I use in non critical functions. They effect the tone.
I have also tried using the sum/level function on my Dangerous D box.

That had the effect of placing an ever so subtle high pass and low pass filter on the signal.

The best result, although unfortunate, has been going through the mic pres with the pad engaged.

As my tech has said, if you place anything in the signal path, it is going to effect the tone. It's unavoidable.
Old 24th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski spiggy View Post
I have two of them that I use in non critical functions. They effect the tone.
I have also tried using the sum/level function on my Dangerous D box.

That had the effect of placing an ever so subtle high pass and low pass filter on the signal.

The best result, although unfortunate, has been going through the mic pres with the pad engaged.

As my tech has said, if you place anything in the signal path, it is going to effect the tone. It's unavoidable.
Ok - Interesting.

...Everything has a sound.
Old 24th August 2017
Gear Nut
That's interesting about the levels. When I first got my Lyra I patched it in where the Burl B2 AD was and it calibrated to the same level (when the Burl was at -18). I haven't tested it against the ADA-8XR in the same place but now I'm curious.
Old 25th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudwig View Post
That's interesting about the levels. When I first got my Lyra I patched it in where the Burl B2 AD was and it calibrated to the same level (when the Burl was at -18). I haven't tested it against the ADA-8XR in the same place but now I'm curious.
Which one do you like? Burl or the Lyra?
Old 25th August 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 View Post
Which one do you like? Burl or the Lyra?
I have a longer answer on the previous page but for my taste and use I preferred the Lyra.
Old 2nd September 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Hey guys! I need some help with getting audio from the web. All was great with my old DVI monitor, but I just bought a 4K TCL 43 TV and using HDMI to connect to my GTX 1070 video card. I can play my DAW just fine but when I surf the web the audio comes out of the speakers of this TV and there's no audio coming from the Prism Lyra's to my monitors via the web (Hmmm).

One thing I noticed is when I disconnect the HDMI cable from my GTX 1070 then I hear the audio just fine coming out of the Lyra. So there must be some sort of setting in either the video card or Win 7 I'm thinking.

Any tips on how to get this working?

Thanks!

Last edited by SEA; 2nd September 2017 at 12:50 PM..
Old 3rd September 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
Hey guys! I need some help with getting audio from the web. All was great with my old DVI monitor, but I just bought a 4K TCL 43 TV and using HDMI to connect to my GTX 1070 video card. I can play my DAW just fine but when I surf the web the audio comes out of the speakers of this TV and there's no audio coming from the Prism Lyra's to my monitors via the web (Hmmm).

One thing I noticed is when I disconnect the HDMI cable from my GTX 1070 then I hear the audio just fine coming out of the Lyra. So there must be some sort of setting in either the video card or Win 7 I'm thinking.

Any tips on how to get this working?

Thanks!
Fixed it!

Here's what I did.

I found out that by going to Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices and then choosing "Audio" you will see the 2 audio outputs from your pc and you have to choose which one you need; output from sound card or output from hdmi which goes to tv. Apply and OK your choice. Done!
Old 6th September 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

When switching your ASIO latency, I noticed that the latency number can turn red.

For example, if my ASIO is set to 256 and I changed the Base number from 2ms to 3ms then the latency number will be in red.

Also, sometimes the Base number can be in red where the ASIO number is in white.

What does this mean exactly?

Thanks!
Old 4th October 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Lyra's Wordclock Output Settings

Anyone using their Prism Lyra with an RME RayDAT? I just picked up the RayDAT and using it via ADAT. So far the latency is a lot better BUT I was wondering how to set the clock in the Lyra 2 and the RayDAT.

Currently the RayDATs Clock Source is set to ADAT 1 in and it's Input Status says ADAT1 - Sync - 96 kHz and the Lyra's Master light is ON.

So what's the best way to set this up? Should the Lyra's clock out be set to fs (wordclock), the 256X "superclock" or "Base Clock"

Thanks!
Old 26th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
Both are great boxes. Neither is better, just different. I've had both and would be just fine with either one relative to AD conversion. Lyra provides DAC, Headphone amp, and Mic Pres for about the same cost as the Burl converter only. And to me the best trait of the Lyra is the AD. So if you want stellar conversion in an all in one device, Lyra represents. And it clips nicely (although we shouldn't do that)! If you only need a AD converter Burl is amazing and versatile because of the tranny. Hit it conservatively and it's wonderfully transparent and open. Hit it hard and you tap the transients in a cool way. So whatever fits your needs and best helps you realize your sonic vision.

And for the cliche. Demo both and choose for yourself!!
Hey Slug,

I realise it's track dependent, but on average (if there is such a thing) how much do you find you can clip with the Lyra?

3dB?
Old 1st June 2018
Gear Maniac

Just wanted to add my experience to the thread. Proud owner of an ADA-8XR with PT and FW cards and wanted to compare it to the LYRA, as information suggests it should sound the same at the 8XR. Did a shootout this week at Vintage King Nashville between the LYRA 2 and 8XR and while the LYRA sounded good, there was a noticeable difference in clarity, openness in the top end.... overall, the 8XR sounded better IMHO (VK rep agreed) which should be the case given the price difference. Thanks to Eric Klein and PRISM for providing excellent customer service and amazing products!

Cheers!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search