The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Barefoot mm45 users
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Head

Barefoot mm45 users

Currently looking at the barefoot mm45s.
What can actual users tell me about this monitor? Are they bright/harsh in anyway? How is the midrange detail and bottom end?
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

most balanced speaker in the barefoot lineup (imho).
Really nice low end punch.
Mids are as good as you might expect given the benefits of a 3 way design.

My fav barefoot and should be a contender for everyones demo shortlist - then let the best mix pick the winner.
Old 1 week ago
I was disappointed to find out the MM45's are not going to be at the AES show in NYC in 2019. They won't even have a booth this year. This was one of the main reasons why I was going this year. I really wanted to hear them and get a better understanding of their character. Soooo I am asking for MM45 uers their thoughts on them.

One of the things I heard about the Barefoot monitors that concerned me was the following.

"The speaker allows me to hear more of what my mics and gear brings to the table before saying "wrong". I am not used to this and I´m not sure this is a good or bad thing yet. With gen1 I could hook up three compressors or three eq´s and pretty much only one of them was usable. With gen2 all will work but put the track in a different direction.

Dont get me wrong this speaker is very revealing and will definitely tell you what you need to know when you adapt to this. It just offers several mixing directions instead of only one if that make sense ... "

Have you found this to be true with the MM45's?

Also have you found the bass to be light?

Thank you
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you are going to be in NYC, the Barefoots are already available to listen to in the city.
Skip questioning others for opinions and hear for yourself.

(This kind of stuff happened in LA/OC for NAMM/AES but all the speaker manufacturers had their own private parties at local studios for listening. If not, local dealers had full setups. Because show room floors are useless for this.)
Old 1 week ago
I already called Barefoot and the company that sells them in the States and were not provided with any information on being able to hear them. Thats why im asking. Also i have limited time with driving a couple states away to just hear monitors as i have to be at work the next day.
Old 1 week ago
The bass is present and easy to mix. Down to mid 40s audibly but you can definitely feel when you roll off 42hz.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search