The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Long-term analog mixer investment advise needed
Old 17th June 2017
Deleted b738100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico Donner View Post
I tried to listen to all of your great advices, thanks.
I will have to keep calm and look around for some nice used deals, no hurry, and be ready to travel to check their conditions.

Finalists are now:
1) RND 5088
2) Audient 8024 HE
3) SSL AWS Delta series (916 924 948)

Those are modern consoles which will probably keep some good value for the next 10 years.
The budget should probably rise in the 30k level, but the investment will probably be more rewarding in the long-term rather than the 15k-20k consoles which I have previously considered.
If you´re looking for a long-term investment, I´d rather not go for consoles with smd designs, especially not on single boards like the Audient you´ve mentioned.

Every console needs service once in a while and modular constructions with through-the-hole components are still the way to go, imho.

With modular designs, you can have 1 or more channels out for repair and still be able to work with the rest of the console. Like people are doing it for decades ;-).

Since you´re in Switzerland, I´d highly recommend having a look at Adt-Consoles from Germany.
Their quality is second to none and their used- prices are a fraction of the original price.
Adt still exists and service will be guaranteed.
Old 17th June 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorka View Post
If you´re looking for a long-term investment, I´d rather not go for consoles with smd designs, especially not on single boards like the ones you´ve mentioned.

Every console needs service once in a while and modular constructions with through-the-whole components are still the way to go, imho.

With modular designs, you can have 1 or more channels out for repair and still be able to work with the rest of the console. Like people do it for decades ;-).

Since you´re in Switzerland, I´d highly recommend having a look at Adt-Consoles from Germany.
Their quality is second to none and their used- prices are a fraction of the original price.
Adt still exists and service will be guaranteed.
Thanks gorka!
Any model in particular?
Old 17th June 2017
Deleted b738100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico Donner View Post
Thanks gorka!
Any model in particular?
Here´s the Website with the contemporary models:
https://www.adt-audio.de/AnalogeMischpulte.html

I personally know the 5MT (an older version from the late 80s) but there are many different versions/sizes of this model.
They show up used once in a while on the net for very good prices, often well below 10k for a 32 Channel version.
Old 17th June 2017
Lives for gear

whatever anyones budget.....add 15% more like 30%

I bought an SSL, forgot the patch-bay...ooppps
Old 18th July 2017
Here for the gear

And after sleepless countless nights the winner is...

an MCI JH-528 rev C completely refurbished, recapped and re-engineered.
A real dream come true.

Thank you all for your great advise!
Enrico
Old 18th July 2017
Gear Nut

Excellent choice!
Old 19th July 2017
Gear Addict

TRIDENT 88 From Adorama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808KickDrum View Post
I'd buy a Trident 88 from Adorama (by far the cheapest- hope it's not a typo). Seriously nice eq included, unlike your listed options.
I tried that, hoping for the deal of the century...it is a no go. They have it listed for less than they can sell it for so after you make the purchase, thy refund your money and say it is unavailable.

I know this from first hand experience...and the fact there is a big hole on my studio furniture where a Trident 88-24 is supposed to be...
Old 9th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred80r View Post
I tried that, hoping for the deal of the century...it is a no go. They have it listed for less than they can sell it for so after you make the purchase, thy refund your money and say it is unavailable.

I know this from first hand experience...and the fact there is a big hole on my studio furniture where a Trident 88-24 is supposed to be...
I do not know who Adorama is? Is this a dealer in Europe? They are not an authorized Trident Audio Dealer, so if they gave you a quote, I am not sure how they got it...

If you are interested, just email me at [email protected] and I will get you a great deal on a Trident 88 or Trident 78. They are and have always been available. We assemble them in Gardena, California and it takes anywhere between 12 to 21 days to build it. So why you were told it is not available is beyond me....but I am always happy to help you...
Old 3rd December 2018
Here for the gear

Hi there,
thought I may give you an update!
Bought the MCI JH-528 rev C, found a location, decided for the right speakers (ATC SCM110ASL Pro), found an acoustic engineer, started working on it.
See attached pics.
Thanks again for all valuable insights, big up!
E

Old 3rd December 2018
Here for the gear

Sorry, didn't understand how to attach pictures!
Here we go:
Attached Thumbnails
Long-term analog mixer investment advise needed-mci-jh-528.jpg   Long-term analog mixer investment advise needed-work-progress-1.jpg   Long-term analog mixer investment advise needed-work-progress-2.jpg  
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Looks cool!
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

ex power play?
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
ex power play?
afaik no.
Came from GS member Roginator.
Didn't powerplay had a 36 channels? (I know they now have a neve 80xx series).

Cheu
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorka View Post
Here´s the Website with the contemporary models:
Analoge Mischpulte von adt-audio

I personally know the 5MT (an older version from the late 80s) but there are many different versions/sizes of this model.
They show up used once in a while on the net for very good prices, often well below 10k for a 32 Channel version.
I'd jump on that I've not seen any up for sale since I looked at it
Old 14th December 2018
Deleted b738100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxplayerz View Post
I'd jump on that I've not seen any up for sale since I looked at it
ADT 5MT Studiokonsole - Studiomischpult | eBay
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted b738100 View Post
Ah that's cool!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search