The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
KH310 Successor? Studio Monitors
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Nut
KH310 Successor?

So it's been almost 4 years since the KH310 were announced.. and another 4 years back and the o300 were announced. Surely we would be expecting the next version of the KH310 to be announced in the coming quarter.

Would anyone have any particular information as to whether these would be coming in the next few months/any rumours?

I say this as I'm about to pull the trigger on the KH310 in the coming months and was wondering if anyone had any information as to whether should hold off or consider something else all together?

For this last part (I write DnB and need good low frequency coverage - down to 35z roughly). My budget is £2500-3000

Thanks,
Old 27th December 2016
The KH 0300 existed long before 2008. Maybe that's around the time Neumann absorbed the Klein & Hummel brand. I'll make an educated guess and say you won't see a 310 successor for 7-10 years. They are excellent especially in this price range, so there isn't a huge need IMHO.
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
The KH 0300 existed long before 2008. Maybe that's around the time Neumann absorbed the Klein & Hummel brand. I'll make an educated guess and say you won't see a 310 successor for 7-10 years. They are excellent especially in this price range, so there isn't a huge need IMHO.
I've got 2004 after a few hours of internet searching! Thanks for your input I'll have no need to hold off now!
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
O 300 D - Active Studio Monitor with digital inputs

Discontinued, Production from 2002 until 2013
Source: Neumann website

Me too would assume, that the KH310 speakers will be on the market for longer than 10 years. So don´t expect a sucessor to be announced before 2024, which is model year no.11 for the KH310s
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecker View Post
Source: Neumann website

Me too would assume, that the KH310 speakers will be on the market for longer than 10 years. So don´t expect a sucessor to be announced before 2024, which is model year no.11 for the KH310s
OP chiming in here... bought mine at the beginning of 2017 and they've been fantastic - despite being out of the country for 9 months and not using them I have nothing negative to say about them. Paired with my Audeze LCD-X headphones my monitoring situation is pretty much perfect!
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frow3n View Post
OP chiming in here... bought mine at the beginning of 2017 and they've been fantastic - despite being out of the country for 9 months and not using them I have nothing negative to say about them. Paired with my Audeze LCD-X headphones my monitoring situation is pretty much perfect!
nice gear!

(an spl phonitor mini, a kh805 sub and you'd be even closer to paradise...)
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
nice gear!

(an spl phonitor mini, a kh805 sub and you'd be even closer to paradise...)
Cheers! I can't decide if I want a sub for them or not as they already go pretty low!
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

it's not that they don't go low enough, it's that one can never have enough bass! :-)

seriously now: some folks do not want a sub, others (including me) wouldn't wanna mix/master without a sub (or even multiple subs) - things become a little bit more difficulte to integrate though (so i'm using external dsp - another topic that can get you anywhere between heaven and hell).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search