The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Harrison Preamp / Console Sound vs API / Neve DAW Software
Old 17th January 2017
Gear Addict

Harrison 32 x 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstu102 View Post
I think I figured out my biggest fear / most important question concerning the tone of the Harrison -

If I put something aggressive into it, will the result be less aggressive?

If i put a hard kick into it, will it maintain 100% of that hard transient / punch?

At least on the line in, I'm hoping the answer is no. If its slightly warmer, that's cool, just want that same punch like an API.
So after working on this console several times over the past year I feel qualified to give my assessment:
1. It is NEVER aggressive, this is one smooth console with nice clean mic pre's that don't need to be pushed to capture a sonic quality that most people are looking for.
2. The EQ's are not NEVE, and not API, but they have their own "smooth" characteristics. While I am still not wild about them, I have used them on several projects and have been very happy on how they translate in a mix.
3. The Routing is insane, you can get anywhere from anywhere in several ways...Harrison did a great job of preparing for your routing expectations.

The 32 x 32 I have worked on was quite enjoyable and useable for professional quality mixes. Whatever you might miss in sonic quality is MORE than made up for in financial feasibility. If we could all afford Neve's for tracking and SSL's for mixing then there wouldn't be a question on what to settle for...right?
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Head

soquelle: "there is no tomorrow", "tense"

asdf,

no one has said it here, but good work...

(regarding post #14 in this thread)
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstu102 View Post
I think I figured out my biggest fear / most important question concerning the tone of the Harrison -

If I put something aggressive into it, will the result be less aggressive?

If i put a hard kick into it, will it maintain 100% of that hard transient / punch?

At least on the line in, I'm hoping the answer is no. If its slightly warmer, that's cool, just want that same punch like an API.
So, what console did you choose and have you been pleased?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search