The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Digidesign D-Command X-Mon Control Cable
Old 13th December 2016
Lives for gear

Digidesign D-Command X-Mon Control Cable

I recently purchased a D-Command, 16 Channel Fader Pack, and X-Mon, but it did not come with an X-Mon Control Cable to connect the D-Command to the X-Mon, does anyone know where I can:

a: Buy one?

b: Have one made?

c: Where I can find the Wiring Schematics to make one myself?

Or, even one, two, or all three options......
Old 14th December 2016
Lives for gear

Wiring schematics are on Avid's website. It's pretty standard/simple.
Here's a link to it from my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...db15_44797.pdf
Old 14th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Wiring schematics are on Avid's website. It's pretty standard/simple.
Here's a link to it from my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...db15_44797.pdf
I'm a noob when it comes to wiring these kinds of things. I've had asked at the DUC and someone there implied that any DB15 cable that is wired with all pins wired the same on both sides, will not work as because if the XMon sees a connection where one is not supposed to exist, then it won't work, but if I were to snip the pins off that are not supposed to be connected, then it would work fine.

So based on the diagram you provided me, it looks like the following pins are not supposed to be wired on either end of each connector:

It looks like the only pins that are wired are pins number:

Can you or someone else please confirm this for me?

Also, if that is the case, then can it be as simple as buying this cable

https://www.amazon.com/Your-Cable-St.../dp/B002HYJW6U

and snip the following pins:

Old 14th December 2016
Lives for gear

I know I must seem like an idiot on this conversation, but I am truly winging it here. So based on above, it looks like the wiring of the DB15 connector looks like following. So if I understand it, then I should be able to buy a generic DB15 cable that has all pins wired, and simply snip the pins that I have circled here.

Is this correct?

Old 14th December 2016
Lives for gear

Yes. You can buy a straight through and clip the pins. Only 3,4,11,12 need to be cut (I don't think it cares about 7) on ES models (black/grey). On blue (original) models, I don't think it cares.
Old 14th December 2016
Lives for gear

I was all straight up fascinated by the Star Trek/minority report aspect of a touch screen... I bought a giant regular touch screen to see if I dug the workflow before throwing big cheese at raven.

Got it, put it on my desk... Right in front of me... Gorgeous! Fun to turn stuff with my grubby sausage fingers. But, I quickly found that the ergonomics of it did not work for me at all. Maybe if it was a table top sort of configuration?

Anyhoo... Now I have a giant ipad on my desktop and my old giant LCD on my meter bridge and I'm back to using my old array of physical controllers.

Doesn't the monitor in front of you, 90 degree angle from your desktop cause you physical discomfort using your hands?

Do most install it on a steep angle so it's more parallel to your desktop? This fascinates me as the idea of the tech crashed into my reality... Hard
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search