The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just preordered a Chandler REDD mic, just wish there were some clips. Condenser Microphones
Old 8th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_f View Post
For completeness...

MONO MALE VCL/AC GTR

This track - "Time Never Moves Slower," written and performed by singer songwriter Ben Danaher, was recorded using the Chandler Limited EMI / Abbey Road Studios REDD Microphone, in mono, simultaneous vocal and guitar performance, captured directly into Pro Tools at Ryan Hewitt's house of Blues Studio C, in Nashville TN.

The performance was captured with the REDD Microphone placed three feet from the artist, and pointed at the artist's chest.

Microphone Settings

Mode: Drive
Gain: +27db
Pattern: Cardioid
Voicing: Standard
Output: Unity

UAD EMT 140 plate reverb added for ambience

Thank you for this. Tis ALL I needed to justify my new purchase. Chandler needs a better digital marketing strategy.
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byramjoseph View Post
Thank you for this. Tis ALL I needed to justify my new purchase.
I am with Chandler was there when it was recorded and posted it, I'm happy you enjoyed the track.
Old 25th January 2018
I got a chance to demo the Chandler Limited REDD Microphone. Hear it on male crooning & classical vocals.

Old 25th January 2018
Gear Guru
FWIW I had a vocal track sent to me from Shelby Sanborn who is an amazing young singer. We've worked together before and I've heard her through a Pearlman and Avantone mic. The Redd is really on another level, you just fall into the sound. All the buzzwords, detail, 3D, smooth, apply. I could see how this mic is a very accurate mirror, so be aware that it hears everything! Honestly I was blown away and she had sounded very good thru the other mics. This was just a completely different experience.I can see why a mic commands this kind of investment. I can't imagine anything sounding better. Different yes, better no....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search