The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ATC SCM20/25/45 Users Pics!!
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict
Why doesn't my pic show up?

Last edited by Rsantana; 8th January 2017 at 12:41 AM..
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

25's for almost 6 years now.
I've demo'd and/or owned most of the new contenders .... 25's remain.

Not a pic but a video .....
Old 4th January 2017
wow!! thanks so much for sharing!
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
I recently upgraded the amp for my passive 20's, as I wasn't totally happy with the Bryston 4B. I went for an Accuphase after hearing that they had great chemistry with ATC's.
The difference is incredible, they sound absolutely wonderful now.
I've never heard speakers respond so well to a change in amplification like this before. It confirms what I have heard about the importance of the chain which leads to the ATC's.
The distortion of the speaker is low enough you can hear nearly every change upstream.

Brad
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Just Loving the 20s!! Gonna have to see if the 45s would replace my Amphion two18+Base25 (right model to compare?).. Loving the clean midrange!
Old 22nd January 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKAudio View Post
Just Loving the 20s!! Gonna have to see if the 45s would replace my Amphion two18+Base25 (right model to compare?).. Loving the clean midrange!
Did you test the 45s vs two18+Base25? I'm also curious!
Old 25th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle View Post
Did you test the 45s vs two18+Base25? I'm also curious!
Have not experienced them next to each other by myself, but know someone with the Amphion combo, and swapped them for a pair of SCM45's and saying, the Amphions didn't stand a chance.

All personal preference in the end though.
Old 27th January 2017
Gear Head

Slight ATC update, :-)
Attached Thumbnails
ATC SCM20/25/45 Users Pics!!-45s-2.jpg  
Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

How are the 45s as nearfields? I've only seen them used further back as midfields, looks like a lot of drivers to cohere that close.
Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

Also interested to hear, also any comparisons between the 25s and 45s...trying to decide!
Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

RichardD, just saw you came from 25as, care to elaborate on how you are finding the 45s?

Thanks!
Old 28th January 2017
Gear Head

So far they sound very similar to my 25A's, I have definitely noticed a bit more high end information with the new proprietary dual-suspension tweeter. The second woofer is also really nice for the deeper bass response and increased SPL. So far it works great for near field listening applications. I do mostly electronic based music, and sound design projects that require monitoring of more bass heavy material, so moving up to the 45's was a great move for me. :-)

Last edited by RichardDevine; 28th January 2017 at 05:26 AM..
Old 28th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardDevine View Post
So far they sound very similar to my 25A's, I have definitely noticed a bit more high end information with the new proprietary dual-suspension tweeter. The second woofer is also really nice for the deeper bass response and increased SPL. So far it works great for near field listening applications. I do mostly electronic based music, and sound design projects that require monitoring of more bass heavy material, so moving up to the 45's was a great move for me. :-)
Thanks for the detailed reply Richard. Great studio btw!

I'm trying to decide between 25s and 45s at the moment, the main factor being that I want enough headroom for when I'm tracking bass and synths in the room (I do pop music). Also some clients really want to feel it and turn it up when playing back. I want to be confident my new speakers can handle it all without any need for subwoofers. How much more LF extension are you getting on the low end vs the 25s if you don't mind my asking? And can you turn the 45s up for days?

Thanks again.
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
I'm trying to decide between 25s and 45s at the moment, the main factor being that I want enough headroom for when I'm tracking bass and synths in the room (I do pop music). Also some clients really want to feel it and turn it up when playing back. I want to be confident my new speakers can handle it all without any need for subwoofers. How much more LF extension are you getting on the low end vs the 25s if you don't mind my asking? And can you turn the 45s up for days?

Thanks again.
Hi Glamdring,

I'm not Richard and do NOT own the 45's, BUT I do own the 25's.

My point is that the 25's have a very good lowend extension IME, plus it's a very revealing lowend, true lowend.
Of course it depends on how big your room is, in a approximately 6x4 meters professionally treated and measured control room the 25's behaves great regarding lowend output and it could be very uncomfortable if I turn it up loud before any limiting from the amps. So they are loud and they go down quite a bit, enough for working without a sub imho. No guessing what you're doing in the usable lowend of a modern recording, again imho.

Of course the interaction with the room will vary from room to room and it plays a big role.
Plus I'm sure that the 45's will have more headroom, and go a little bit lower..plus they have the new ATC tweeter.. So in the end it's a clear upgrade, BUT depends also on how big your room is and where you could place them..and if you could afford them.

If you have the space and the budget I'd say go with the 45's (or even the scm100).

I just wanted to say that the 25's are absolutely capable of handling a good amount of lowend while tracking/mixing in a small/medium control room and they are very revealing without being fatiguing. A stellar monitor, that is worth the asking price. I really do like them a lot.

The studio were I'm right now have the kh310 as well, and in that very room, the 25's were truer in the lowend while having a bit more "lows" than the 310. Plus the 25's were also a bit more revealing in the mids and top end and could be louder as well.

That said, I have to say that the KH310 are really good for the asking price, but the ATC are simply better in my opinion.

The best thing you could do is to test the 45 and the 25 in YOUR room, and decide with your ears (and wallet).. Again, if you have space and budget the scm100 (or a soffit mount 200) are among my favorite loudspeakers.

I believe there is a pair of 25's on the GS classifieds, that member (I believe edham) sells them because he got only one place to work and have the 45's there.
(if I remeber correctly). I'm not related to that member nor the sale in any way.

Cheu
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Hi Glamdring,

I'm not Richard and do NOT own the 45's, BUT I do own the 25's.

My point is that the 25's have a very good lowend extension IME, plus it's a very revealing lowend, true lowend.
Of course it depends on how big your room is, in a approximately 6x4 meters professionally treated and measured control room the 25's behaves great regarding lowend output and it could be very uncomfortable if I turn it up loud before any limiting from the amps. So they are loud and they go down quite a bit, enough for working without a sub imho. No guessing what you're doing in the usable lowend of a modern recording, again imho.

Of course the interaction with the room will vary from room to room and it plays a big role.
Plus I'm sure that the 45's will have more headroom, and go a little bit lower..plus they have the new ATC tweeter.. So in the end it's a clear upgrade, BUT depends also on how big your room is and where you could place them..and if you could afford them.

If you have the space and the budget I'd say go with the 45's (or even the scm100).

I just wanted to say that the 25's are absolutely capable of handling a good amount of lowend while tracking/mixing in a small/medium control room and they are very revealing without being fatiguing. A stellar monitor, that is worth the asking price. I really do like them a lot.

The studio were I'm right now have the kh310 as well, and in that very room, the 25's were truer in the lowend while having a bit more "lows" than the 310. Plus the 25's were also a bit more revealing in the mids and top end and could be louder as well.

That said, I have to say that the KH310 are really good for the asking price, but the ATC are simply better in my opinion.

The best thing you could do is to test the 45 and the 25 in YOUR room, and decide with your ears (and wallet).. Again, if you have space and budget the scm100 (or a soffit mount 200) are among my favorite loudspeakers.

I believe there is a pair of 25's on the GS classifieds, that member (I believe edham) sells them because he got only one place to work and have the 45's there.
(if I remeber correctly). I'm not related to that member nor the sale in any way.

Cheu
Hi Cheu, thank you for your detailed account.

I have had the privilege of using 25as in a a few studios around London and they have never disappointed, whether tracking or mixing. I haven't had an opportunity to hear the 45s yet, but I'll demo both 25s and 45s in my room as you recommend.

I am also looking at Amphion One18 - I found them to be a great mixing speaker but I am less confident about tracking with them as when I was mixing 808s and sine wave bass lines they were pushing close to their limit in terms of the headroom. Admittedly this was in a larger mix room than my home studio but I want to feel confident. They sound excellent. Could also look at Two18.

I am sure 25as would do everything I require, but the 45s would probably future proof me for a good while and would really be able to handle almost anything I could throw at them.

Thanks again..
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I recently upgraded the amp for my passive 20's, as I wasn't totally happy with the Bryston 4B. I went for an Accuphase after hearing that they had great chemistry with ATC's.
I've never heard speakers respond so well to a change in amplification like this before. It confirms what I have heard about the importance of the chain which leads to the ATC's.
There are so many Brystons out there, some of them are very old. I had a few of them floating about, called up to see how old they were- 20 years! So I had them recapped and still I thought they were a bit bright on the 20s. Granted this is Brystons oldest designs, but when I finally got the ATC P2 Pro in, wow, that was a HUGE change for me. Really improved low end, as you say.
Brad
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

ATC SCM25A PRo

HYG
Attached Thumbnails
ATC SCM20/25/45 Users Pics!!-20181120_164624.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Which Accuphase Amp are or were you using? Still on it? Why no ATC Amp?
Have you heard 20 actives compared to the passive ones?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiin View Post
Which Accuphase Amp are or were you using? Still on it? Why no ATC Amp?
Have you heard 20 actives compared to the passive ones?
Yes I’m still really happy with the Accuphase E-213 integrated, no plans to change it.
I would have considered an ATC amp, but they don’t come up for sale much around here. Also the Accuphase has two speaker outs, so I can easily change between both sets of speakers.
Still haven’t compared the passives to the actives, again ATC stuff isn’t super common here.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

My slightly updated setup with the new ATC SCM45A's :-)
Attached Thumbnails
ATC SCM20/25/45 Users Pics!!-a_studio-new.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Great setup! I really love the 45As, and seeing your setup makes me even more confident on the choice <3

Is that a permanent sub to the right, what kind and what x-over freq/slope are you using?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
What are the stands for your ATC's?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
love it! beautiful setup
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
This is my ATC setup!
Attached Thumbnails
ATC SCM20/25/45 Users Pics!!-c3d552f2-7669-41fd-bff7-787261a41cc6.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix_dome View Post
This is my ATC setup!
What Atc‘s? 20’s? With or without sub?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Had the subs so I put them to work!
Attached Thumbnails
ATC SCM20/25/45 Users Pics!!-atc-bag-end.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Here is mine!

Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
The new Atc scm 20 Asl pro mk2.
My fav speakers ever.

They are coupled with SubPac... I couldn't be happier!
Attached Thumbnails
ATC SCM20/25/45 Users Pics!!-75bd0459-f706-4450-bd23-25121fcc005b.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
looks like 20s without sub
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Counter View Post
Had the subs so I put them to work!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search