The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
USED Dac, what's good value? Digital Converters
Old 3rd October 2016
USED Dac, what's good value?

hey guys, I'm in the market for a used DAC to feed my analog loop. Right now I'm feeding the loop with RME UFX, and receiving with Antelope Pure2 (as I'm using the Pure2 for monitoring aswell).

So any tips on DACS that are significantly better than RME UFX and have great value on the used market? I'm thinking 500-1000 euros. I'm leaning towards DA11, DAC1, Mytek192, but I'm a little unsure if they are actually much better than the UFX

Thanks for tips!
Old 3rd October 2016
Gear Maniac

If the converters in UCX are anything like the 400 UC's, the DAC1 will be leaps and bounds ahead.
Old 4th October 2016
Lives for gear

Mytek is great. Lucid 88192 is dirt cheap for what it is (don't know about UFX, but it's miles ahead of fireface400/800), similar quality as lavrys (a bit different sound though).
Old 4th October 2016
Mytek Dsd 192
Old 4th October 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
Mytek Dsd 192
have you compared it to UFX? (or even Pure2) would be interesting to know, thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search