The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Would You Sell Or Trade A TLM49+CV4+B2-ADC For A CM7-S? Condenser Microphones
Old 18th September 2016
Would You Sell Or Trade A TLM49+CV4+B2-ADC For A CM7-S?

Hearing great reviews about the Wunder CM7-S goes for close to $7k, in order for me to get that i would need to sell my TLM49,CV4,&B2 ADC..and and some extra cash.

Other mics are sm7b, miktek c5 pair, miktek drum kit mics, and a bunch of sm58's

Also i have a hedd 192 converter with the new quantum converters.

wanted to know if you guys think its worth it. Im just looking for that "magic mic"
No not you Channing Tatum! Sit down!!
Old 18th September 2016
Never. Good luck re selling that Wunder for that 7k

I would sell the Tlm and the burl, get the cv4 modded by mic rehab, then use the extra money for savings. Idk, the Tlm and burl and the cv4 would only be half or a little more than half of the 7k and I don't think the Wunder is worth $7k. For 7k I'd add 2k and get a u67/ m269.
Old 18th September 2016
have you heard the cm7?
Old 18th September 2016
The Wunder consists of : Thiersch skinned capsule, ef14, ami bv8 transformer, looks like the ami 47 / flea type body. Point to point wired.

Get a capsule from Thiersch, blue line pvc or red line Mylar, then order the kit from AMI; full body,head basket, power supply, pcb's ( same tech can make it point to point ), capsule holder if Thiersch doesn't provide it, and source a tube you prefer! Notice the AMI link says ef14 which is in the Wunder you seek. Then hire a tech to build it

This took maybe 3 minutes to find the info on the Wunder. Microphones aren't magic pixie dust, they are real verifiable parts.

Wunder Audio CM7 | RecordingHacks.com

Thiersch elektroakustik

AMI U47 Kits and Parts

You can even get everything from AMI if you prefer to use one place, they offer the Thiersch capsules, holders, tubes, power supply. You can send me a nice PayPal for some of the difference I just saved you! For $2200-$2800 ( maybe less ) you could have a tech custom the mic specific to you, have to the full kit mailed to the tech and he will ship you you assembled mic! I can personally recommend

Fox Audio Research Home

I can pm you his number and contact if you would like. Brian Fox does amazing work, with a quick turnaround time. I had to wait for Thiersch, and that's why I recommend you get all parts together

You asked, I answered, I'm trying to help you. I don't provide or speak hearsay/ fiction
Old 18th September 2016
thanks utb! always there in the clutch
Old 18th September 2016
i have my own tech guy here in israel, he's phenomenal. i bought a 2-610 and silly me didnt change the internal power to from 120- 220, the whole thing started hotboxing. to make a long story short because im lazy to finish the story.. watching football..he ordered a new part a fixed it for me. im going to take your advise and just build the flipping thing,,swwwwweeeeeeettttt!!!
Old 18th September 2016
Lives for gear
Great advice!!!

This man is a genius. I have experience with both Brian Fox and Shannon Rhoades. If you want a mic built from parts you source I would recommend Brian in a heartbeat. If you want to take your current mic to the next level, Shannon is the man! He could definitely put the CV4 on par with the Wunder. Give him a call. Mic Rehab | Keeping the classic microphones alive by restoring capsules with today's new technology.

You will not regret either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUTB View Post
Never. Good luck re selling that Wunder for that 7k

I would sell the Tlm and the burl, get the cv4 modded by mic rehab, then use the extra money for savings. Idk, the Tlm and burl and the cv4 would only be half or a little more than half of the 7k and I don't think the Wunder is worth $7k. For 7k I'd add 2k and get a u67/ m269.
Old 18th September 2016
ive heard only great things about both guys
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search