The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ATC 45 Ports...
Old 17th September 2016
Lives for gear

ATC 45 Ports...

I have a pair of ATC 45 speakers which are absolutely stunning, but I do find that the bass is a tinny little sluggish in my room compared to my Amphions (or what I remember my Barefoots low end to be like). Probably more a room issue (around 50hz), but it's still there....

I know the ATC 25's come with bungs to plug the ports, but the ATC 45's don't....would I do any damage to the drivers by sticking a gym sock/small towel in there to tighten up the low end?

Is there anyone who wants to sell me their ATC 25 port bungs if they aren't using them?
Old 17th September 2016
Lives for gear

No damage will be done. On the 25/45 the ports are used for dampening more than a bass-reflex design. The foam the plugs are made of is the same as the high density foam used for packing things like artwork for travel. If you don't have a foam/fabric store, find a shipping/packing store that deals with artwork/crating valuable goods. The should be able to cut you some plugs from sheets of that foam.

Last edited by pentagon; 17th September 2016 at 08:03 PM..
Old 17th September 2016
Lives for gear

Not sure how the 45as will sound but I hate my 25as with the bung plugs. You may have to find another solution.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search