The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API2500 Question to owners Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 16th September 2016
Here for the gear

API2500 Question to owners

Hi,

few months ago I bought API2500 at KMR Audio London. Recently I noticed the issue with GR meters.They are not on zero when unit is cold (showing about 1,5-2dB), and gradualy going to zero only after an hour or so. API USA tech guys saying that's not normal, API UK that is normal ???....
Want to ask API2500 owners is it normal behavior? How long is warm up period for this unit?

Many thanks,

Arturas
Old 16th September 2016
Lives for gear

It is normal that the meters do not work correctly after some years...the yellow led starts flickering too...but it is not too much of a problem usually.
Old 16th September 2016
Gear Maniac
There is no API UK, only their distributor, Source.

Get it in writing from API that's its not right then get them to put it right.
Old 16th September 2016
Yeah i've seen this on some gear (smart c1) but not my 2500. They sound incorrectly calibrated.
Old 16th September 2016
Lives for gear

I'm sure the 2500 benefits in some way from a short warmup period, but my meters go to the correct position almost immediately
Old 16th September 2016
Here for the gear

Off, they are to the very left and when turned on, jump immediately and spot on to 0 when on GR mode.
Old 16th September 2016
Here for the gear

Thank you everyone for your input! it helps me to decide. I'll send my unit for warranty repair. Hope it will not be so long and painful process

All the best!

Arturas
Old 16th September 2016
Lives for gear

I just sent mine in for (nonwarranty) repair and it was a breeze - they're great to work with
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search