The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jack Johnson Acoustic Signal Chain? Condenser Microphones
Old 12th June 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleys100 View Post
I missed the part where RJC criticized the 451b.

I only saw the part where he was politely taking time away from his schedule to list what gear was used. I also saw the part where he emphasized that the sound of JJ is coming from JJ. Both versions of the 451 probably sound great on JJ's guitar.
Agree, probably both versions will sound good, but can you understand why he couldn't write that they used the 451b? As you can see, is already arrived the first bully, saying "451b suck".
Attached Thumbnails
Jack Johnson Acoustic Signal Chain?-image_7309_0.jpg  
Old 12th June 2015
How do you know that it was the 451b that was used mostly on the album? The pic shows only that his guitar was mic'd up with a 451b at some point. Doesn't mean it was tracked, doesn't mean it was used on more than one song. The only ones that know are those who were in the room.

Luckily one of those in the room said they used an original 451. Maybe he mistook which type of 451 they used, or maybe he is in fact right and your pic off of the Internet is not representative of the actual sessions.

Either way, you are jumping to a lot of conclusions to immediately imply that he is purposefully lying to save face on gearslutz.
Old 12th June 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleys100 View Post
How do you know that it was the 451b that was used mostly on the album? The pic shows only that his guitar was mic'd up with a 451b at some point. Doesn't mean it was tracked, doesn't mean it was used on more than one song. The only ones that know are those who were in the room.

Luckily one of those in the room said they used an original 451. Maybe he mistook which type of 451 they used, or maybe he is in fact right and your pic off of the Internet is not representative of the actual sessions.

Either way, you are jumping to a lot of conclusions to immediately imply that he is purposefully lying to save face on gearslutz.
In the SOS interview he never precised which type of 451 they used, and I can't find a single pic of JJ in the studio with a 451eb. So, I can't say that he always used the 451b but sure he used it sometimes. Write here that they always used the vintage 451 is like give a hand to those bullies with their "451b suck". IMO

Anyway as you can read I've quoted RJC post just because he spoke about the "original 451" and my post was generally about this gearslutz's attitude to throw mud on the 451b. I spoke also about the km184 that doesn't matter with his post.
Attached Thumbnails
Jack Johnson Acoustic Signal Chain?-image_6322_0.jpg  
Old 12th June 2015
Gear Addict

Here is Jack Johnson live in studio, with two 451b. Amazing, probably with the saturation of a solid state preamp with transformers you'll get the best sound.

http://youtu.be/wKGn6ppVwCw
Attached Thumbnails
Jack Johnson Acoustic Signal Chain?-image_8964_0.jpg  
Old 12th June 2015
Lives for gear

Are you the inventor of the 451b or something? Glad you like them, no need to start an argument about it.
Original or not for JJ, who gives a ****?
Old 12th June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappy View Post
Agree, probably both versions will sound good, but can you understand why he couldn't write that they used the 451b? As you can see, is already arrived the first bully, saying "451b suck".
Please stop referring to bullies (no one is bullying anyone), please stop picking fights with professional engineers, and please leave the attitude at the door.

this is an official request, please don't argue on this thread...you resurrected a year old thread here, you could have just let it lie...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search