The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide Omnipressor 2830 Documents & advice needed Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 15th September 2016
Lives for gear

Eventide Omnipressor 2830 Documents & advice needed

Hello Amazing GS users,
A few months ago an Eventide Omnipressor fell into my hands, though it's stuck at 120 volts where as I need it at 220-240 Volts, it's indeed in great condition and should anyone have the Eventide Omnipressor 2830 service Manual papers and Schematics it would be much appreciated if a PM was sent and a PDF file could be arranged.

What I really would love to hear is from previous owners and or current Hardware users who have swapped the Mains Transformer from 120 Volts to 220 Volts and also advice on the Jones Barrier Strip Input and output line signal transformers as it seems this was an OP-3 option from the user manual I've got at present. From my understanding the input is Unbalnced and output balanced etc, though please any experiences do post and let me know!

Any and all help from the Amazing GS "Brains Trust" would be greatly appreciated as would a PDF file and a PM sent!

Kind Regards,
TheLastByte
Old 15th September 2016
Lives for gear

I must have the manual, but could not find it.
But just two minutes of Googling brought me this.
A pdf containing all you need.
It appears to me that the 115 > 230 change can be made internally without changing the transformer.
Just changing/fitting jumpers.
The input is as a standard electronically balanced, the output standard single ended.
Optional transformers easily could be fitted by removing a couple of wire links on the motherboard.
Installing that transformer option was quite easy.
The schematic in the attached pdf. file is quite clear.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2830 Omnipressor.pdf (3.80 MB, 112 views)

Last edited by SP2016; 15th September 2016 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 18th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2016 View Post
I must have the manual, but could not find it.
But just two minutes of Googling brought me this.
A pdf containing all you need.
It appears to me that the 115 > 230 change can be made internally without changing the transformer.
Just changing/fitting jumpers.
The input is as a standard electronically balanced, the output standard single ended.
Optional transformers easily could be fitted by removing a couple of wire links on the motherboard.
Installing that transformer option was quite easy.
The schematic in the attached pdf. file is quite clear.
Thank you so much SP2016. Apparently (Though again...these myths seem to float around) some early models were region dependent while later 1982-1986 models were switchable. As to the PDF manuals, hmmmmm from older owners it seems some versions of manuals have the added notes others don't for the 2830, and I understand a fully drawn set of schematics can be purchased, though I doubt their info is much more then as you've noted.

Any user related Tech info greatly appreciated - The 2830 is indeed a stunning weapon of compression and tricks.

Huge thanks,
And
Kind regards!

TheLasyByte
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search